Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rat Rod Rumble

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, May 2, 2007.

1. bullet boy

bullet boy

hey guys whats up we are getting our head an ass wired together. the show is friday night saterday an leave sunday morning hope this helps all of us with travel cost . we have about four or five bands this year an maybe more . we should have the web site up an going jan 14 keep your fingers crossed. thanks t-bag

2. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

Popping popcorn now.........

3. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Nobody calls it Maryville.
    It's pronounced Merville. I'm also digging the Corvair!

4. ratster

ratster

whats the date

5. bullet boy

bullet boy

we have a mysace page now that gets updated more offten than our web site. look under myspace rat rod rumble. an guys go easy on the name we picked it 6 years ago before all the crap went with the name . the show is fun an not yuppie . as most every one that has been will tell you . it is three days this year april 24 - 26 . hope to see you all there. with camping on site

6. sinatrakool

sinatrakool
    from Upstate NY

these pics are awesome.... it bumbs me to get on here and have people knock
    "rat rods", a term that the "Hot Rod" trueist coined.I was "Rat rodding" anything that I could make as fast as possible on a "dollar three eighty for the weekend" that had more than seven cylinders! and now that some guys get pissed when their 40G flat black 50 merc, got called a Rat Rod by some gold chainer. it is like a curse word at a Catlik school!

Rat 'em ,rod 'em,race 'em, cruise 'em.......who cares what ya call 'em as long as their cool and fun!!!!!
    One mans Rat, another mans Rod!

These pics are cool, I am from Upstate Ny but I will definitely try to make it to this meet.

7. You are correct! I grew up not far from there. It was always pronounced "Murrville"! :D

Adjacent to the dragstrip, years ago there was a dirt track where we raced a few times in the '60s. The track was paved and the last time I was there was in the '90s. Now I understand that the pavement has been taken up and replaced with dirt again. I don't know if the dragstrip is operational on a regular basis or not.

Buckshot40