Register now to get rid of these ads!

rarest 32 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Aug 12, 2007.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

on another post it is stated that the b-400 is the rarest of the the rare. for those of us that don't know everything about dueces,is it? or is the roadster p.u. the rarest. or what is the rarest.annnnd who has the best duece collection,rodded.and original.or both? just info i would like to know?

40ragtopdown and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. i think the sedan delivery is the rarest DEUCE at 58 total....i may be wrong?

i guy in minnesota has a very large `32 collection..here is one of his:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dean Lowe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Someone can jump in with figures on the RPU but what I have shows that the Sedan Delivery had the lowest production number at 400. 342 with four cylinders & 58 with V/8's.

Maybe that's where 36-3window is getting that number.

JH

deathrowdave likes this.
  4. turdytoo

turdytoo

My numbers show 43 B400 model B (4 cylinder)

5. Obviously, the numbers are all over the place. What I have is domestic production alone.

FWIW - I show 42 V/8 B-400's & 926 B-400 4 cylinders.

JH

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Where are all these 1932's coming from. Is there a factory somewhere?

jimmy six and clem like this.
  7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I don't have any numbers but I have read the sedan delivery is the rarest in more than one place.

8. As far as the part about '32 Ford collections, there used to be a guy here in Tulsa who supposedly had at least one of each body style of '32. This was probably thirty years ago, his name was Secrest. Don't have any idea where the cars are now, but haven't heard of the guy in a long time, I assume he passed on and the collection was sold. Anyone know for sure?

Hemmings Classic Car magazine had a story a year or so back with a guy with a big '32 collection also, some stock, some not.

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Cabriolet 6,091
    Convertible sedan 926
    Five-window Standard coupe 51,794
    Fordor sedan 37,363
    Panel delivery 6,122
    Phaeton 2,490
    Roadster 12,597
    Sedan delivery 400
    Station wagon 1,383
    Sport coupe 2,911
    Three-window Deluxe coupe 22,148
    Tudor sedan 124,101
    Victoria 8,580

Source ... The book "The Early Ford V-8 As Henry Built it "

I have seen other numbers published ... ;)

B-400's are rare ... they were expensive in the worse year of the Depression, offered little to no advantage over the common Tudor and ... in truth ... a lot of folks... then as now ... consider them to the the least desirable 32 Ford made ( looks wise ).

10. Here,s a 32 Limousine nearing completion in the U.K. How rare do you want? I believe there was around 80 built and only 2 or 3 survive. Factory built?

[​IMG]

11. zzford

zzford

the rarest 32's were the ones that were not made of fiberglass.

1-SHOT and hemihotrod66 like this.
  12. Buddy of mine up here in the redwoods, has an original-wood Station wagon, 4 cylinder, been repainted once, I think, and that's about it...Has the radio (with the antenna running under the passenger side running board) dual side-mount spares (I think, I never paid that much attention, I know for sure it has the spare on the passenger side mounted in the fender), just a real nice car, and he drives the shit out of it, it was at our local car show in the Crescent City Harbor yesterday...

13. JamesG

JamesG

<TABLE borderColor=silver align=right border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Cabriolet</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>6,091</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Convertible sedan</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>926</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Five-window Standard coupe</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>51,794</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Fordor sedan</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>37,363</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Panel delivery</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>6,122</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Phaeton</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>2,490</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Roadster</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>12,597</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Sedan delivery</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>400</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Station wagon</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>1,383</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Sport coupe</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>2,911</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Three-window Deluxe coupe</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>22,148</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Tudor sedan</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>124,101</TD><TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Victoria</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>8,580</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

14. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I think it's correct to say that the B-400 was the lowest production passenger car, since the sedan delivery and roadster pickup were considered to be "commercials". It's odd that the lists posted by Deuce Roadster and 1LowLeSabre includes panels and sedan deliveries (commercials both), but neither closed nor roadster pickups.

15. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Do proto-types count?......

There's a guy here in SoCal, Paul Gagome (sp) who has not a '32
    & not a '33, but a Briggs Body Company mutant A two door cabrio.
    bodied. I'm still lookin' for which disc I have it on.

16. MilesM

MilesM

Does anyone have PU and RPU numbers?

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

again not knowing dueces very well,convertable sedan =b-400,and station wagon= woodie correct?and the numbers on trucks would be interesting. and thanks so far for the info and were european models different, well diff. body styles?

18. you are correct on B400 being the convertable sedan and the station wagon being a woodie........BUT (and i'm not trying to pick on you) it's deuce and not duece

see , you learned a lot about them

19. This is the rarest 1932 Ford I've ever seen.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  20. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Used to be a 32 Hearse in Allen Texas. Don't know if the guy still lives there. He claimed that there were only 3 built.

21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

don't know much about spellin either:D

22. Dirty2

Dirty2

Has anyone got any picts of Don Smiths new 32 prison bus. He was supposed to take it to vernon this past week end.

23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

on the hearse,and limo were these factory built or coach builders? or does anybody know

24. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Supposedly the Hearse was factory built.

25. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

All the limosines, hearses, one-offs with towncar configurations, and so on are the products of coach-builders either in the US, Canada, or Europe.

I believe, sadly, that the magnificent collection of Mr. William Seacrest in OK was broken up and sold after his death. He had a complete collection of 32 Fords, including every factory passenger car and commercial car and Truck, and a fabulous restored driveable chassis, plus I seem to remember some kind of a cutaway Ford display Tudor sedan as well. I saw the collection on dispaly only once at the Early Ford V8 Club National meet in Tulsa OK in about 1974.
    It was awe-inspiring to say the least. I only wish they had had room to put each vehicle in a separate roped "corral" rather than in groups.

26. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Secrest...could he have been "Theodore Thertito"??
    In the '70's, deuce fanatic/rodder Neal East published a really nice antique car magazine, which naturally ran heavy on '32 Fords. He ran an article on a fabulous '32 collection like that...not only restored cars, but stacks of restored frames, engines, etc. enough to reopen an assembly line...owner was listed as "Theodore Thertito", say it out loud...

Pickup numbers...and truck numbers (Commercials, meaning passenger car based trucks, and Trucks, meaning BB chassis) were oddly done and not really accountable.
    I don't remember exactly where this id detailed--possibly De Angelis book. From approximate memory, numbers were kept as chassis sold of each type, bodies (cabs) of each type, and rear bodies/beds sold. Theu were sold as bare chassis, as complete reigs with chassis, bed, and cab, and as chassis with cab only, AND to screw up number watching further, the cab bodies (not deliveries and such that were full length) fit BB and regualar chassis interchangeably.
    SO, there would be a number for roadster cabs sold, but no way of telling how many were pickups and how many were BB's. Presumably most were light commercials, but I don't think Ford itself would have known for sure.

27. davesville

davesville

just wondering .any fabric bodies in 32

28. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

When I was young and just starting to influenced by the duce I was lucky enough to have a tour of the Seacrest collection. Felt like a kid in an candy store. It was awsum.

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I recalled a number of 800 on the roadster pickup.

30. turdytoo

turdytoo

So the story goes, The guy not knowing who Doc Seacrest was, ask him what kind of a '32 Ford did he have? Doc replies"I have a set".