Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Rare car in daylight after being in garage since 1968

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sgtlethargic, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Cool. I hope to post the picture my brother has of it before it was disassembled.

And I hope it ends up with one of the guys that came over. He works on airplanes for one of my uncle's old flying friends.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. My brother had the Zephyr running, but the generator pulley came off and hit the radiator.

A neighbor that was hanging out has a '37 Zephyr four-door he would sell (he refused a low offer from a Zephyr dealer). It's mostly there and pretty straight but a tad crusty. I dig it. It'd be cool to get it going and drive it in its dilapidated condition. I can put any interested HAMBers in contact.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  3. Ha ha, yeah, from Model A to Zephyr.

4. The couple that came over to help identify Packard parts and help find a buyer ended up buying it. They restored the one I posted. It's now repainted the original color, which I think she said is a silver with a rose hue. She gave us a copy of a publication they started- I'll post some pictures. They had an interior guy from Pacoima helping to pack it.

My brother dropped off information to Jay Leno's mailbox at that Burbank bookstore. A Packard guy in New Jersey considered buying it, as well as a fairly local classic car dealer.

catdad49 and The37Kid like this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sounds like everything is going to good new homes, what is happing with the 35-36 Ford 3Window? Bob

6. Yes, we think so. Most of the welders, other machines, and tools were bought by people that plan to fix and use them.

I was editing an above reply about the '36.

catdad49 likes this.
  7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

SO MUCH COOL SHIT!!!

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]
    WOW! Never drill a hole again. Bob

slim38 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Rollson-Sunaire-Sedan-in-happier-days-photographed-on-Washington-Square-NYC_web.jpg

The Packard SunAire when it was new. Bob

Texas Webb and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  10. My Dad, who just turned 85, pulled the engine and got the stuck pistons out.
    pulling Model A engine.jpg
    Model A pistons.jpg

11. If you don't like grey poupon.just no class:D

1934coupe likes this.
  12. I'll stick with tradtional mustard and hot rods. Class or no class.

Texas Webb and dudley32 like this.
  13. 60 Special

60 Special
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Wow! Three pages so far, and only 2 whiners. I think the majority rules on this post. I always like to see a treasure trove. Great find!

14. catdad49

catdad49

Everyone likes a story with a Happy ending, Thanks for sharing! Is Dad going help with the Model A hop-up?!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Amazing the old cars that are still tucked away waiting to be saved.

catdad49 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  16. indyjps

indyjps

Great finds, appreciate you sharing.

I wonder how many of the unearthed cars go back into a different guys garage to sit for another 20 years until he passes.

steveareno likes this.
  17. At 82 years old I am selling stuff on The HAMB for reasonable prices. What doesn't sell when I am gone is in my will to go to Matt Murray ,Iron Trap Garage. Matt will clean out my garages, and my cellar workshop, parts, tools, etc. Everything except for my roadster related stuff goes to Matt. So that my wife doesn't have to worry about anything. I am 82 years old, and Matt is 40 years old, It is him, and others like him to carry our sport forward. I am not the only person giving my stuff to Matt. I know of another guy, whose name I won't mention, that is also leaving his stuff to Matt.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023