Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rare Brass Flathead Heads on eBay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoMoCo_MoFo, Nov 23, 2004.

1. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

2. whizzerick

whizzerick

Woa, funky? Nice green patina...
    Interestingly (well... to me anyway [​IMG]) WEBER made a high performance
    brass head for the Whizzer motor in 1948 (it IS a flathead):

[​IMG]

3. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

I worked in a Schwinn Shop in the early 80's and had some guy trade in an original Whizzer for $100 credit on a 5 speed cruiser... man I should have kept that thing!

4. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

whoa, thats some crazy stuff

and the opening bid was 300, I bet that the seller had no idea what they were worth! I guess I wouldnt know what they are worth though either, never heard of them.

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Expensive wall hangers. I think performance was terrible for those things? They have absolutely no water passages in the head. Water goes straight through back into the block. Good for a pass or two maybe?

6. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those made of copper? And doesn't the (Bruce Meyer owned/ So-cal restored) Bob McGee deuce roadster have a set of those on it?

I can't believe that they are going to bring that much money...that's insane.

7. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Looks like "bullit1" believes that he can't live without these heads! [​IMG]

8. TV

TV

Even worse than that Grim, those are 21 stud heads, Don't know anybody running 21ers except the resto guys. They would be nice to have, but I wouldn't pay a dime over $500.--TV [​IMG]

9. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Check the feedback of the high bidder, I don't think I'd want to sell him anything, much less something this expensive.

B [​IMG] B

10. Damn,I wish I had a couple of sets ,,,TO SELL! HRP

11. mr.midnite

mr.midnite

my thought exactly Bob. Couldn't make good on his end because of a "business move and surgery", but found the time to bid and screw the sellers out of a sale

12. injectedA

injectedA

I've come across him as I'm looking for a few items. He's over 8K in bids thru Nov. Gotta know who your up against. [​IMG] I guess there are those that have it. We'll see, somewhere in Jan.

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Bob McGee put the copper heads on the roadster when he built it but I don't think they used them in the restoration.

Frank

14. JohnnyB327

JohnnyB327

Post deleted by JohnnyB327

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I sold Bullit1 a set of Schraeger SAE racing heads for nearly $2k last summer and he paid immediately with no hassle. My understanding is that he decided to collect one of each kind of flathead heads and intakes ever made and has the money to do it. I think they are all wall hangers. He's got the bucks. I'ms surprised to see the negative feedbacks but they all appear to be at the same time so maybe he's telling the truth. Anyway, those are some freaky heads and that is some crazy money.

16. injectedA

injectedA

As for myself I'm not implying anything negative. If you are going to go up against him? Want it bad.

I've been where he was. The only negative feedback I've ever received was for the same scenario he seems to explain, though I think he could have done so differently. Almost bittered me on ever selling ebay, but WTF. It's a sell to buy shop.

17. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

"Federal Mogul confirms that these are very rare"

LOL, no kiddin'

I know a shop that has/had a pair of copper marine heads on a display engine (I bet a mock-up). Different brand though. Maybe I should try to pry them away???

18. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Holly shit: i have a pair of them hanging on my wall, only they are 24 stud and missing the water manifolds. i'm trying to find the water portion now and have a guy in portland who knows where some are i think. i wanna have the water manifolds recast, as i know 3-4 guys who have the same heads, but no water manifolds. now i know what the manifolds look like. thanks for the post.

19. Last year Bullit1 was buying all sorts of flathead stuff
    and paying top dollar as well.I,m sure he was in the USA then and now he,s in Canada. He probably deserves the benefit of the doubt regarding his feedback.