Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rant!!! Stolen hubcaps!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merc-o-madness, Jul 19, 2009.

1. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

NOW im pissed.... I left my car out in the street last night and now my fucken hubcaps are gone!!!!!!!FUCK!!!!! I recently just threw on some 57 caddys on my shoebox just temporary til i get my 53 caddys done and ready....and now they are gone damnit! well if you guys ever see some caddys up for sale let me know one of them was pretty distinguishable so i would notice it right away thanks

2. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

God damn theifs! Id say they are probably on your local craigslist.

3. synchro7

synchro7

I know it's not funny at all. But this is the first I've heard of hubcap stealing in about 50 years.

4. id put some more on and park it back on the street tonight. only diffrence is id have ten mates stayin overnight and catch the plonkers!

5. It's a bitch it happened BUT on a funny note. My brother worked at the old Busch Stadium in St Louis and drove a 92 Dodge Spirit to & from work. Well he had some of those Walmart Special's $29.99 chrome plastic hubcaps on his car & one night he came out & seen they were gone. He stood there in amazement & didn't know whether to be pissed or laugh over the fact someone "wanted" his chrome plastic hubcaps :rolleyes::rolleyes: ..joe

6. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Yeah no kidding the joke about getting your hubcaps stolen in a bad neighborhood has gotta be kinda foreign to most younguns' these days! Remember in the original Vacation when they got stolen off the station wagon in st louis, while he was getting directions or something?

Mine used to always fly off my O/T car, I finally gave up replaccing them at $30 or 40 each.

It sucks man, I think every car I've owned has been broken into or vandalized once or twice.

Maybe I just live in crappy areas....LOL

7. trad27

trad27

I hate people like that, I think Kiwipackard has the idea

8. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Who the hell would know to take em!

9. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I wouldn't be surprised if the thief is a 50+ year old hot rodder who did the same when he was 18. Hope ya catch'm. Not many kids want 57 Caddy caps for their Hondas.

10. Boynamedsue

Boynamedsue

they stole them for scrap more than likely. someone who knows what they are wouldnt take them out of respect. like i said someone stole them because they are easy to get off and they can scrap them.

11. roundvalley

roundvalley

In the 50's, we used to glue double edge razor blades to the inside rim of the caps and then follow the blood trail.

12. thesupersized

thesupersized

don't forget, we're in NJ!!! EVERYONE runs 57 caddys! but yeah, I would think that anyone that would take them...we would have to know, unless some out of state kustom car gurus were running through the side streets of Lyndhurst, NJ lookin to score some 57 caddy caps...

13. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Ha! Maybe in Illonois. I'll keep my eye out Jay.

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Those bring good money on eBay and at swap meets. The thief probably knew exactly what he was getting. I had 3 pairs of flathead exhaust manifolds stolen from my swap space at Petit Jean this year. I hate thieves.

15. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

looking through andy southards books custom cars of the 50's, and hot rods of the 50's ,he had a lot of street scene pics of the same cars that were featured in magazines back then.
    only difference, on the street, no hubcaps. I think they put them in the trunk, and only put them on for shows.

16. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

That makes sense

17. I seriously doubt anyone would steal them for scrap. What are they gonna bring? A whole dollar? It would be easier to pick up deposit cans and bottles.

More than likely they'll turn up on eBay or Craigslist or at a swap meet, just a matter of how soon the thief wants to flip them.

18. 61TBird

61TBird

You do live in Jersey,maybe the Acid Rain ate them away....:D:D:D

But Seriously Folks,Check the next swap meet or car show and you'll probably find them.

19. Special Ed

Special Ed

Geez, it's been over forty years since I stole any hubcaps...It was lame then, but now it's just pretty fuckin' stupid.

20. 61bone

61bone

Stealing hubcaps used to be the way to freshen up your car. You always knew who got them so you'd get someone elses. But then it was a small town, everybody knew everybody. On more than one occasion I even swiped my own caps back. I liked those Lancers. If you were a real nice guy, you'd leave a different set. Really happened a couple times. Ron O. had his Warshawsky Fiestas swiped and got left a set of Impala SS caps. Clayton S got the Fiestas and was running them on his 56 next day. That night They disappeared, Ron had a set of Fiestas. I had a set of SS caps which I traded to Clayton for the Lancers, which shortly showed up on Billy C's car. It was fun and no malice was intended.
    Now stealing them to sell would have probably earned you a stern admonition.

21. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I just bought these in NJ ..last week

[​IMG]

22. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

I would bet they will be on the auction site or already on the thiefs car. I think everyone knows that those are bringing over $500 for a set on the worlds largest auction site of stolen and broke shit.

23. That's one reason I left Jersey in '64 and never moved back. Sorry for your loss, and call yur Insurance Co. in the morning.

24. RDR

RDR

The only consolation man,Now you have REALLY experienced the 50s.....hated it then and hate it now..(thieves that is)...sorry for your loss

25. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

some kids stole one hub cap of every car on a freinds of mine block. they weren't caddy caps just the new plastic ones enogh to piss everyone off....jones

26. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Weren't they stolen out of your garage .Those nos hubcaps.If I were you I would contact your insurance people.But that does suck.

27. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Sorry to hear about your hub cap situation Merc-O-Maddness.

28. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Wasn't there a song "Who stole my spinner hubcaps?"

Who would think 50 years later, people would still be stealing hubcaps. Be careful, the theif may be packin' a zip-gun too!!!

29. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Probably a damn Pharaoh 'got 'um! Them boys is like that!

Hey, aleast they weren't Packard or Lyon hub caps, sorry ta hear shit like this still goes on.

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

30. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

man that sucks. looks like you won't be leaving your car on the street anymore.