Register now to get rid of these ads!

RANT: I'm pissed and frustrated and I need advice!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hans, Mar 25, 2008.

1. jaxx

jaxx

jaxx back to ya = go look at Scratch build it posted today - see pics of my project - basicly nothing invested - Just today got coil over harley davidson shocks that Ill use on the rear and some home built step bars that Ill use as nerf bars on the sides - Ill be posting new pics tomarrow = so no need to spend alot for something to do - stay after it

2. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

wow who around saint joe mo. wants to help me build my project?

3. 28 ponti

28 ponti

Hey Hans,
    I started with a 1928 Chevy pickup frame for $200.00 and a tarp to cover it. Then I borrowed a small mig welder. I spent about $50.00 for some 1" sq. steel tubing and some sheet metal. I designed a roadster pickup cab with pieces of cardboard and built the cab and bed from scratch using a hacksaw, a grinder, a drill, and the welder. Eventually I bought the fenders, one at a time. I bought a $150.00 car for the drive train. I had very little experience welding and was 52 years old when I started my rod. But I was getting tired of not being able to afford anything.(talk about waiting a long time) I finally sneeked the cab into our garage even though my wife didn't want it there. Here's some pics. Too bad we live so far apart. I'd love to help you get started. Believe me, it can be done for very little money. It just depends on how badly you want it. I wanted it real bad! 28Ponti.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. BOHICA

BOHICA

5. slammed

slammed

Brown bag lunch. Bare bone's living. Finding x-tra work.

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

i feel your pain,i actually started with an old japanese car, i hear the flaming arrows coming in now, but have spent every extra penny for ten years working on it. find a car that you really love,and a wife or girlfriend who understands, i am fortunate enough to have a wife who actually helps me. and start a little bit at a time. i live in a shitty neighborhood, and my garage isn't the best,but sometimes thats the price you have to pay. it will get done. it doesn't matter to me about what make the car is,if you've put the time and the busted knuckles into it it's all the same. it's worth the sacrifices you make.

7. roddinron

roddinron

Sometimes car guys are better off in a "shitty neighborhood", for us, at least, sometimes the "shittiest" neighbors" are in the nicest neighborhoods.

8. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

ever thought bout building one from scratch, I have plenty of web site and info on this as i went through the same thing in dec and jan than 2 months ago found my 29 in chicago granted it was just a body that was molested bad, got the puzzle pieces and put it back to a sedan tudor instead or a open trunk pick up this guy was tring to make, now that the body is together now im doing the frame work

just my 2 cents