Register now to get rid of these ads!

random things you remember.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigblock225slant6, May 11, 2009.

1. chop&drop

chop&drop

PTK 492 - the license number of the '56 Chevy I built in'68, and 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 of course.

2. Ford 8N tractor..first thing I ever drove.
    Light blue 50 Plymouth- My Mom's first car after she got married
    white 58 Lincoln, Mom's second car/battleship.
    White 64 Galaxie 4 door. Mom's first new car.
    Blue Lark-dad's work car.

3. I remember about 1949 or 1950 riding in the back seat of my daddies model A Ford sedan, with my dog "Boots". Dad was driving down a country road, going real slow, and we all had the windows down. Suddenly a rabbit broke out of the underbrush and Boots jumped out the damn car window!!! She didn't hurt herself any, so decided to run alongside the car. My mom lokked out the window and said to Dad "Hey Ang---Look---Theres a little dog just like Boots---Holy Jesus--It is Boots!!!"---This from a woman who was one of the star conregationists in the local United Church. My dad nearly busted a gut laughing, and we stopped and let Boots, non the worse for wear back into the car.

4. F.O.G

F.O.G
    from Pacific,Mo

R1820-84C is limited to 56.5inches of boost at 2850 RPM, as installed
    in the UH34D.

5. hey, I would buy one!!!

6. raven

raven

2450 lbs. the dry weight of my '60 Falcon Ranch wagon with the hopped up 289 and four speed my dad put in it...
    r

7. That is the way i use to remember it, but now they are all too young. :p

8. You can't use altitude above you or runway behind you.

Number of landings should = number of take offs

9. axe grinder

axe grinder

Dusk to Dawn drive-in movies
    Riding my schwin-stingray without a helmut!!!OMG!

10. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

32-10-24
    My highschool locker combination...I graduated in 1971...

11. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Put your right foot in. Take your left foot out......................and so on.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  12. rusty metal and gold are not of equal value. Choose wisely.

13. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

Four pumps, half throttle and crank. Any diffrent she won't start!! From car i sold over ten years ago.

14. LOL, I can remember about 1/2 a dozen variations on that starting procedure that I had forget until I just saw your message!

15. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

2211...Dirty Harry's badge number...

16. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

which brings to mind the call sign for Adam -12

KMA-365. Some writer had a sense of humor... finally figured that one out a few years back :D

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

17. gearheadwelder

gearheadwelder
    from CT.

36-24-36
    The latent heat of evaporation

18. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Paint code for my first car...and the first car I painted. Dupont lacquer 5229 L Ford Red

19. 1974, Monday morning after a hard weekend, pulling my head back at the last second as the turret lathe I was operating grabbed my long hair and ripped it off at the scalp leaving me bald. OSH wasn't around back then :eek:
    The beginning of my respect for all things mechanical.

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, I guess I still dont get it. KMA-365??

21. Herman Munsters address 1313 Mocking Bird Lane !! >>>>.

22. 19Fordy

19Fordy

"LSMFT" :)
    Luckey Strike Means Fine Tobacco and Loose Suspenders Mean Falling Trousers.

23. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Lowering not only the toilet seat but the lid also.

That makes Mrs. Trucked Up happy:)

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dunno why I just remembered this, the first thing the RSM said to the new march in's when I was posted to the Army Parachute School.
    (This guy had the meanest roughest voice that scared not only children but adults alike!)
    "Any one of you c%#t's fuck up and I will reach down your neck and switch your heart off"

None of us fucked up.

I also remember the first, middle and last name, regimental number and blood group of the last company I was Medic for, all 34 of them.
    Doc.

25. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

If it don't go, chrome it....but billet will kill it!

Red cars go faster

If it breaks, fix it. If it doesn't break, make it lighter!

Don't force it....get a bigger hammer!

I've got a cutting torch and a big hammer. I can make it fit!

Take it easy....but take it!

If some is good and more is better, than too much should be just enough.

Things I need - Faster horses, older whiskey, younger women, MORE MONEY!

"Poor Man's Porsche" - the phrase I had painted on the back end of my '68 Corvair Monza!

'68 Corvair Monza's with leaky pushrod tube seals that leak oil and engine fumes into the heater boxes make piss-poor winter cars!

'61 and '62 fullsize Canadian Pontiacs came with 261 inline sixes as the standard base engine, while the same year full size Chevs got the smaller 235 engine.

The optional big block Chevy engines in 1965 through '70 full and mid size Canadian Pontiacs were labled "Pontiac Astro-Jets" rather than the "Turbo-Jet" moniker used by Chevrolet.

Beware of plain-jane '66 Chevy Biscayne sedans with '427 'crossed flag' emblems on the fromnt fenders!

'65 and '66 Studebakers used 230 Chevy inline sixes and 283 Chevy V8s

Prestolite transister ignition boxes used on '66 Studebaker 283 engines are the same - or damn near the same anyway- as the transistor ignition boxes that were optional 426 Chrysler "Race Hemi" engines

265 small block Chevy engines *must* use a cam with a slot milled into the rear cam journal in order to provide oil to the lifters and rocker arms. You can run a 'slotted journal' 265 cam in later engines without any problems though.

1965 and early '66 big block Chevy engines *must* use a cam with a grooved rear cam journal in order to provide oil to the lifters and rocker arms. You *must not* use an early 'grooved journal cam' in a late '66 or newer big block. Doing so will result in an internal oil leak and low oil pressure. You can use an early 'grooved journal' cam in a later block by completely filling the groove in with solder and then smoothing and polishing the excess away with emory cloth.

283 Chev V8 pistons will work in Chev 230 inline 6 engines and 307 Chev V8 pistons will work in a Chev 250 inline 6.

The '2-gear' cam gear drive used in 1968-only 366 and 427 high-deck big block Chevy truck engines and in numerous-year, low and high deck, reverse rotation big block Chevy marine engines are the same as the gear drive that was optional on the L88 427

Balancers, forged steel crankshafts, waterpump and exhaust manifold castings and some alternator brackets fom early to late '60's small block Chevy "big truck" (C40 and up) engines are the same as those used on simillar year "hi-po" Corvette small blocks.

A "010" casting mark on a 68 and newer small block Chevy engine block *does not* neccessarily mean the block has '4-bolt mains' or 'high nickel' or 'high tin' content The '010 only signifies that the block has 4 inch bores.

mart
    =========================================================

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  26. pull pin , throw towards enemy! , duck!!

27. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

My 25.4-times table:

inches to millimetres

Engine capacity of all the daily drivers I've had, in cc:

948 - then 964 - soon 2457
    1290 - then 1781

16.387064cc to a cubic inch.

28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The full drill, Pick up grenade and inspect for damage and pin placement.

Placing the spoon in the web of fore finger and thumb of your master hand, close your hand around grenade gripping tightly.

I identify your target, point it out with your free arm.

Bringing grenade into your chest, place forefinger of your non master hand through the pin ring and 'lock' off with your thumb.

Pull pin from grenade stretching non master hand out releasing pin.

Stretch master hand out to full extension away from the direction you are to throw visually checking that the grenade pin hole is free of obstructions that could prevent spoon from releasing.

With your non master hand re-identify target.

In a loud clear voice yell 'Grenade'

Throw grenade toward target, DO NOT use and over arm toss.

Observe grenade strike ground, take cover.

I wonder if ANYONE did it that way for real? I know I didn't!!
    And there is no way you could pull a grenade pin with your teeth! Damn movie shit!

Doc.

29. 63Compact

63Compact

There are 22 slices of bread in a loaf not counting the crust. And I dont know how I know this.

30. Ice man

Ice man

Wanted a 29 roadster for 50 yrs, built one, wife would not ride in it, it musted up her hair, have 29 C/C Pk Up now. LOL