Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rally America Jumbo Wheels- Who's got em?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shifty Shifterton, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Anybody out there have a set of Rally America Jumbo wheels? Love the look of those spokes, and am thinking about a set for mine. Only pic I've seen thus far is on their site, would be super cool to see a set on a car. Post pics if you got em. Thanks!

2. Squablow

Squablow

I think Wheelkid said that they have yet to sell a set. If that's true, you could be a real trendsetter by using the first set. That could be a little "provenance" to go with your car.

3. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Yep, none sold ever, lots of people talk about them but no one ever buys. We're thinking about giving up on them.
    Jimmy

4. I think they're ugly. Go with the Artillary wheel. No offense Wheelkid.

5. hard to say if they look good or not by just looking at the wheel itself,a pic with a tire on and a car to put it on,that would help.

6. Jimmy, please don't give up on them. I want a set for my '32. I'm just not in the position to buy a set right now.

JH

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

[​IMG]

8. movingviolation

movingviolation

I love those wheels, but combine exchange and shipping to canada and i'd have to go to a sperm bank for a week................ so I bought a set of solids from them instead................

9. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

I came across a set last week guy wanted $500 ? Should I have got them?

10. brown n down

brown n down

bigger pic for those who might not know what they look like

[​IMG]

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I think they're beautiful, they might not work on every car, but on Jimmy's truck they look incredible.

12. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

These Wheels Look Nuthin Like The "original" General Jumbo...........

Generals Are A Much Better Lookin Wheel.

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yes!

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Okay, they're close though, General Jumbos cost nutsacks.
    I thought Jimmy's truck had these new ones, whoops.

15. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

As I understand it the Shine truck's wheels are made from several pieces. Studebaker centers with some added work I believe.

I think original Jumbos are kind of goofy looking and those Rally America wheels look altogether different and tooooo wiiiide.

16. metalshapes

metalshapes

I thought these were Jumbo's, ( or Clark's ) but in a Thread some time ago we found out they aren't...

Attached Files:

17. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jumbos are... flatter? Can't really discribe it but they have less of a cone shape from center to rim. There is actually a set for sale on ebay right now... 14's though... yuck.

Those are pretty cool wheels though. What size and bolt pattern are they?

18. metalshapes

metalshapes

16"dia, 5" wide if I remember correctly ( I could go measure the width real quick if anybody wants to know...), 5 on 5 1/2 boltpattern.

19. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Here's a real Jumbo
    [​IMG]

We have a few 14" real ones for sale.
    We can make our Jumbos in any size you want so it would be alot different looking if you got something like a 16x4 and 18x5.5, that red one is a 15x8.
    But like I said I don't think we'll be making any. I might make some 18" ones for a project car I still have in my head in the distant future.
    The shine wheels aren't general jumbos, they are studebaker president wheels.
    Jimmy

20. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Edit- just confirmed that Jumbos are cast from highly purified unobtainium, and are therefore unavailable.

Sorry to hear you're not making them Jimmy, it's a cool looking wheel. I'll keep RA in mind for artillerys.

21. ScottyRotten

ScottyRotten

I have a full set of 14" General Jumbos with Tires, and Hubcaps. Perfect condition. Would look great on a '34. $3500.

22. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Oh, we are making them now. Somebody ordered the first set. Some 15x5s and 15x8s.
    Jimmy

23. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Firestone made some "jumbo" wheels to run their "Super-Balloon" tires . They were 15s with a wide rim and had wire spokes in front running from the rim to the center hub which looked like a 32-35 Ford wheel but they were like smoothies in back of the spokes.
    The hubcaps were similar to 35 Ford but had "Firestone Super-Balloon" in Firestone script around the center.

24. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Generals are damn sure better looking than those STudebaker wagon wheels with hub poking out like a Conestoga wagon wheel.

25. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Hmmm, who could that be.........

I appreciate you guys changing your mind, and will post pictures of the roller as soon as it's got something to roll on.:)

26. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

now an artillary wheel in an 18 might be cool

27. fordcpe

fordcpe

Here is what a original 34 generall jumbo looks like chrome center with painted outer ring also I believe there was a pin strip. I am in the process of putting a set together for my car 34 5window but just all red with stock cap and chrome trim ring.Also painting car blue this winter.The wheel picture that wheel kid posted is a 15" or 16" because it has 9 spokes the 14" have only 8 spokes in them. Darrell

28. fordcpe

fordcpe

29. fordcpe

fordcpe

Here is my 34 5 window with a 14"x6" 8 spoke General Jumbo acc. wheel and original style cap its a repro bought 25 years ago.I mite try a trim ring to see how it looks with one.Car goes for paint next week . Darrell

Attached Files:

30. cdan34

cdan34

I have two sets of General Jumbo wheels a total of 10. They are 14", 8 spoke, chromed centers, one set has hub caps both have tires, they are 5 on 5 1/2 bolt circle for the early Ford. The rim on one set is painted Vinyerd grn with silver stripe, the other set is silver.

Chuck 415 388 2882 [email protected]