Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Radiators- Walker Rad.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terry k, Jun 1, 2018.

1. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

You has the best price on Walker radiators ?? Stock type '32 with a hot flathead.

2. U S Radiator ,,,JUST AS GOOD...MUCH CHEAPER,,,L've used them on 3 different Rides saved a ton $$$$$$$$$$$

olscrounger likes this.
  3. How do you know they're just as good?

Not trying to be a wise-ass; I'll be buying a rad soon and am honestly interested.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have used both with great results-next 40 will have a US radiator

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I have bought a bunch of US Radiators through out the years, never had a single problem (except for the one that came in contact with a unrestrained fan blade, but I really couldn't blame the rad for that....), they always worked great and kept my stuff cool, even a knarly flathead during parade duty.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    olscrounger and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've bought both and the only difference I encountered is the higher price of Walker.

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Well the Walkers look like an old car radiator as well as work really good, And can be repaired.

8. ol'55

ol'55

US radiator in mine. So will my next one

9. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

My experience is if you buy cheap, you get cheap. I won't risk overheating my car and causing myself problems. I bought Walker and am sure it will outlast me.

10. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Check with Yogi's in Monticello, IA. Great to deal with. Got my Walker there.
    SPark

verno30 likes this.
  11. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Another vote for U.S. Radiator. They are not cheap! They are very good quality and have many satisfied customers. Walker radiators are glorified tractor units, I have had too many people I know that have bought them and have had issues then swore them off after the experience. I prefer copper/ brass to aluminum because of ease or repair if needed and an aluminum radiator just does not look right in and old car.
    These are my options, yours might vary depending on experience.

12. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

never had problems with my Walkers

13. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Anyone other than Walker make a stock looking Rad. for Flathead?

14. <------ Walker radiator has been in this car for almost 40 years without any issues and I will continue to use them mainly because they look correct for the period and are copper/brass,I tried a Griffin aluminum radiator and it didn't last 5 years,will never use another aluminum radiator.

I have had a U.S.Radiator and my only beef with them is their customer service,as far as the radiator it worked fine but I sold the car after two years so I don't know the long term. HRP

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  15. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Running a Brass Works in my '39 with an 8ba. Not cheap but excellent quality and Lee at Brass Works knows his stuff and will take the time to make sure you get exactly what you need for your particular application. JMO

16. Budget36

Budget36

Get the pn you need and put it in Summits site, might save you a few bucks, plus free shipping.

17. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Shop around, but the best prices I got on the last Walker's I bought were from Speedway and believe it or not Brookville Roadster.

18. You might try Gary at Cornhuskers,he is a Walker dealer and often has good prices. HRP

19. 19Fordy

19Fordy

20. xix32

xix32

If you buy a Walker, don't be disappointed if it won't bolt up to your stock `32 front crossmember.
    The one I bought didn't. The mount tabs with the slotted holes were not even long enough to file out the slots to fit.
    I had to weld extensions onto them. I do have three other stock ( unmodified) `32 front crossmembers, they are all the same. And , No I'm not about to hack up my stock `32 frame to make a walker radiator fit. I did call them up to complain about this. I asked them if they have a stock front crossmember to be able to check this? They told me no they didn't. They didn't seem to be one bit concerned that their "`32 Ford" radiator doesn't bolt into a `32 Ford.
    They told me none of their other customers complain.