Register now to get rid of these ads!

radiator hose help please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleetmaster, Dec 29, 2006.

1. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

hey, i am trying to find the right radiator hoses for my 47 chevy. i am running a big block chevy and a walker radiator. i was just curious as to if anyone had the part numbers of the hoses, or at least ones that were close to working (especially the bottom one) thanks-fleet

2. Take some flexible heat riser hose from the auto parts store and bend it to the shape you need. Use the same diameter as your inlet and outlets on the radiator. Fit them up like they're actual hoses. Then take them off carefully so they keep the shape you need. Take them back to the parts store and buy a hose that has the shape you need. Cut off the excess if you need to. Keep those part #s in a folder with all your other part #s. You do have a parts # folder, don't you?

3. cruisinkruty

cruisinkruty

This is where it helps to have a friendly relationship with your parts guy. Ya gotta bend a tube template up and hope he lets you rummage through the hoses to find something that will work

4. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

thanks! i sort of figured that would be what i had to do, but i just figured i would keep a look out for a slightly easier option.

5. This is hot rodding man!! The easier solution often takes more time to find than executing the harder option. :D

But, after you've done it the hard way, you've earned your stripes and you can pass that knowledge on to the guy who just finished doing it the hard way!!! This is the path to becoming the "crusty old guy who giggles to himself".

6. Slicks

Slicks
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from denison tx

i have a 41 chevy with asmall block chevy in it iused alower hose from napa number 7996 or gates 21285 had to cut it sum hope this helps dont know if it will work on abig block
    slicks