Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P. Flathead Dools

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy gal, Dec 28, 2008.

1. I lost my favorite hotrodder last night. My dad, David Dooley (Flathead Dools) passed away at the young age of 62. Many of you probably knew him as Dools, Flathead Dools, Dooley, among others. I'm not really sure what to say except it was sudden and we don't know why but we are thankful that the good Lord took him while he was sleeping. My mind is racing with so many questions but I know in time it will get easier to handle, not better, but easier.
    He used to joke that he was born with a car in his hand. My mom teases that when she met him he said "I tinker with cars". She didn't realize he meant he was obsessed with them. I can't ever remember a time when my dad wasn't working on some kind of auto. Rebuilding, rewiring, fabricating, you name it, he's done it.
    I know he'll be missed by many. Like I said, I'm not too sure what to say here. Just......thank you to all of you. Many of you were very good friends to him and I know he appreciated that.

Bye, Daddy-O. I love you. Flatheads rule!!!

2. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I'm very sorry for your loss.

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i was floored when atch told me sarah......im blown away! prayers goin out to you and your family! your dad was one of the coolest people ive ever met!
    even snuck a cool aussie hat under my wiper at the hamb drags this yr......made me smile when i seen it!
    heres a pic from last yr of your pop and RP and one of him this yr ....
    RIP DAVE! YOU WILL BE VERY VERY MISSED! :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

I am so sorry for your loss,......

5. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

Man that's sad, I'm sorry for you losing your Father. I'm 62 and right now it doesn't seem so old anymore.

6. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow, so sorry. sounds like he was a hell of a guy.

7. Vergil

Vergil

I'm so sorry, my prayers for you and the family.

Vergil

8. thoughts and prayers, I guess I'll give my dad a call tonight... just because.

s.

9. Greezy

Greezy

I am glad to have known him and called him friend. Right now I find myself lacking for words how I feel. He will be missed. But I will take comfort in the good times that were shared. My prayers are with you and your Mom at this time, and you know Im a phone call away if you need anything.

[​IMG]
    Troy

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  10. rusted40

rusted40
    from N.C.

losing a parent is a tough one.

I'm sure you have alot of good experiences with him to draw on as time goes by.
    its nice to see you had a common interest and I'm sure he was very proud of you.

I am sorry for your loss.

11. Old61

Old61
    from PA

I'm sorry for your loss.

12. That is the worst news we can ever hear. I'm sorry for your loss, nothing hurts as bad as this.

13. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Sorry about your dad and my prayers go out to you and your family.

14. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Let's hope he's up there with all the other great hot rodders and racers who have gone before him having a conversation with one of his heroes.

15. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

wish I had met him R.I.P.

16. so sorry for your loss. sounded like one heck of a guy.

17. Truckedup

Truckedup

Sorry for your loss but you're fortunate you he was there for many years.......

18. Sorry for your loss and best wishes to you and your family.

19. atch

atch

sarah,

we'll miss dave. i'm very sad about his passing. he's a man i could always count on. he always had something good to say about everyone.

i'm at a loss for words. not many times that's happened.

bye, dave.

20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm so sorry, he was an awesome guy and seeing you two together at the Drags it seemed like he was what a dad should be. I know that there is nothing that can be said to make it easier right now, I wish there was.

21. Godspeed to him! I am sorry for your loss! Your family will be in my thoughts.

22. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Thoughts and prayers from ours to yours
    Bob

23. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.

24. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I'm so sorry for losing your dad Sarah, Almost like I lost mine too. My dad and I were dragging an old car out of the woods today when Troy called with the sad news. I told my dad, and we both started remembering all the times you dad was with us dragging out old cars, and thoer car related stories we shared with your dad. I've known your dad my entire life, and I will truely miss him, from the old model building days, and now. He was truely one of a kind and fell privelaged to have spent so many good memories with him. If your family needs anything, I'm just a call away. Rusty.

25. shawnjulie

shawnjulie

i am sorry for your loss, my prayers will be with you and your family

26. I'm sorry to hear of your loss Sarah. You and your family are in our Prayers. Earth's loss, Heaven's gain.

27. JimSibley

JimSibley

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. i too lost my dad at the age of 62. It was also sudenly and at this time of year. Its been 6 years and I still find myself crying when i am all alone in the shop workin late. I feel your pain, and I am praying for your family.

28. HotRod33

HotRod33

Sorry to hear that your dad passed away....Remember the fun times and the cool stuff you did together...My Dad passed away 3 weeks ago so I know the heart break you are feeling.....My dads got a new hotrod buddy in heaven,,,,,,,,,,

29. beatnik

beatnik

I'm sorry for your loss Sarah. I met Dooley in 2003 at the Louisville nats along with Mike Davidson. They came up to Michigan and stayed at HRLC place for a few days and then we all hung out at Bonneville and the HAMB Drags. He was a good man. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Gus

30. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Wow, just saw this. Met your dad at the drags and seemed like great guy. Sounds like the two of you had a great relationship and that, I'm sure, will give you lots of fond memories. Which is good because that's what you'll remember once the shock wears off.

Prayers from George and Terry in Oklahoma.