Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest R.I.P. 3WLarry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot-Rod-Garage, Sep 9, 2016.

1. R.I.P. 3WLARRY.png

Nice touch on the banner, Ryan (I assume).

R.I.P., Larry.

2. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

You will be missed Larry R.I.P.

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

Tried to write this post 3 or 4 times,....
    Just can't come up with the words that describes what I want to say....Can't begin to express how much I'm going to miss you... See ya' on the other side,.... Say "hey" to FAB32 for me,... God Speed my friend.

4. flatoz

flatoz

Haven't cruised the main board for a while. damn. I wasn't expecting this. Always loved his quips. Another good guy gone.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's been a couple of days since I jumped on over here, because I had no idea what I was going to say here... Gonna miss ya, Larry. It's about all I can come up with...

kidcampbell71, deucemac and HEMI32 like this.
  6. loudbang

loudbang

Wow just wow missed this until I saw the nice banner. Larry when you look down on us still here you will see you had quite an effect on many many people here that never met you but enjoyed your witty interactions with other members. Your posts that brightened my day will be sorely missed.

Glenn S likes this.
  7. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rest in Peace, Larry...we all miss you.

rob-redm likes this.
  8. Sorry to hear that his battle is over, but in our heart he's won. Rest in Peace Larry.

9. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

...They just don't make 'em like that anymore !

-Via con Dios 3WL

10. aaaaahhhhhhh, damn! RIP larry, God speed
    I never got to meet you, but sure enjoyed your posts. Rest in peace my Hamb friend.

DylanHill1931 likes this.
  11. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NO! what a bummer, he was one of the greats from the HAMB. Just a down to earth guy. Condolences to his family.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's really sad news. I've never met Larry personally but he was always one of the real guys that posted on here with knowledge and wit, the type of guys that made the HAMB what it is and frankly, our hobby what it is. Deepest sympathies to his friends and family.

13. rust&patina

rust&patina

14. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thats sad,RIP Larry!

15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3WLarry.JPG

I enjoyed every opportunity that we had to visit. Larry would always keep you laughing with his quick wit and charm. He was a great inspiration to me and many other hot rodders. He loved the Jalopy Journal and was proud to be called a HAMBer. One of the highlights, when Larry took me for a ride is his Coupe. Scared the hell out of me but man was it kool.

RIP Larry and we will be praying for his family and friends.

16. collector

collector
    from madera,ca

Rip Larry. You will be missed but not forgotten

17. Well I am a little slow on the draw here although someone did text me very soon after Larry passed. It would not have done for me to post right away.

Let me say this, I only tolerate most people. They pass and it is easy to say something nice or soulful and move on. I never tolerated Larry, I liked Larry. I could probably come up with a thousand reason why but they would be meaningless, you either like someone or you don't and there is no real reason. I am going to miss Larry. I can only hope that he lands with the handful of other people that I genuinely like and that eventually I am in that same place. I guess that this is not soulful, it is not as easy to put feelings into words when someone goes away that you would prefer if they stay. Perhaps that is a little selfish, but what else can I say, moving on will not be as easy as I would like.

I doubt that you can read the HAMB from the other side of the grass but in the event that you can, Larry I am sorry that you left, and I am glad at the same time. Greet the missus for me, I'll see ya when I see ya.

kidcampbell71, Paul, TERPU and 11 others like this.
  18. Brother,as always you are able to convey not only your thoughts but the thoughts of so many of us that are at a loss for the right words.

I can imagine Larry will be "Patiently Waiting" HRP

oldsjoe, Harms Way and rob-redm like this.
  19. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Larry always sent a PM to wish me happy birthday. That was such an unforgettable, nice thing. I will absolutely miss his presence here. Catch you on the other side of the road, buddy. RIP

20. 117harv

117harv

A great shot I found. 100_0064.jpg

Paul, Drewfus, e1956v and 10 others like this.
  21. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Rest in Peace.

Deuced Up! likes this.
  22. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

you will be missed

23. My God - just saw this thread this morning - such a huge loss for his family, his friends and all of us who knew him if only through his entertaining, thought provoking and influential posts here on the HAMB.
    We will all miss you Larry - Godspeed...

Steve

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  24. [​IMG]

Such a great photo that captures the true essence of Larry when he was healthy and in his element,you can also see that twinkle in his eyes & that possum eating briers grin that says I'm gonna have fun on the Hamb today!

straykatkustoms and tb33anda3rd like this.
  25. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gods Speed my friend...Gods Speed! Ryan thanks for the super cool header graphic. Awesome tribute to an awesome guy!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  26. Damn it....god speed Larry we will miss you

27. Yes....VERY NICE tribute at the top of the page for a VERY deserving guy.

28. steel3window

steel3window
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never had a conversation with him, never met him, only knew him from his banter here. I was fortunate enough to have him read and comment on one of my posts, and of course it was with his tongue-in-cheek wit.

You will be missed.

loudbang likes this.
  29. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

I have always enjoyed Larry's posts since I joined in '06! I'm going to miss him and them.:( RIP

30. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Man, what a bummer. I always loved seeing his posts on threads. I know he has made everyone smile or laugh at one time or another with his comments. RIP Larry

loudbang likes this.