Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quick Road trip--Texas to Kansas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Turnipseed, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

After seeing a nice Ford F1 cab for sale by lucklady28 (Ken) in the HAMB classifieds, I contacted him and made the deal to buy it. Just looking at the pictures he posted, I could tell it was much, much better than the cab that I had. So last Tuesday, I left my house in Danbury, Texas, at 3:30am, picked up my brother in Humble and headed for Kansas. We arrived at Ken's place in Chase, Kansas about 4:20pm. We visited with Ken a while and checked out the neat stuff that he had for sale. (Good thing for me that I only took a small trailer). Ken loaded the cab on the trailer, my brother and I put the tie downs on it and headed back to Texas. We had planned to stop somewhere and spend the night, but as we both felt good we decided to drive until we got tired and then get a room. Long story, 'kinda short, we drove all night and arrived at his house in Humble about 5am and I continued on to my house where I arrived at about 6:20am.

I can't say enough about the accurate description that Ken gave me of the cab. It was just as he described and it will save me a lot of work in getting our old '50 F1 back on the road. I also realized that even though I'm 63 and my brother is 65, we are still capable of a quick road trip when the need arises! Now to get to work and get the F1 finished!