Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quick question : 1940 pickup related

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CARtoons Magazine, Sep 28, 2011.

1. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Hey everyone. I have a quick question. A couple weeks ago I was out of town where I met a guy selling a complete 1940 ford pickup. It was all in peices but was solid. Only thing missing was the grill (standard style) and the tailgate. From the frame to the body was there all complete. Oh and he had the very rare huge crown hood trim for it that was mint. Now the question is what would be a fair to good price for that truck? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks. Marc

2. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

3. hot rod rod

hot rod rod

A book of Green Stamps...

4. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

"rare huge crown hood trim"

That would be a '41...

5. Old&Low

Old&Low

Tough question with no pics. That being said, if it's as solid and complete as described, (and has minimal dents, etc,) I would say somewhere under $2000. Remember, it's difficult to gauge just how complete it is when it's in pieces; that may work to your advantage when offering him a price. Good luck and also remember what a good deal is today may turn out to be way too much next year the way the economy is going.

Also, based on having a clear title for what sounds like a '41

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  6. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

That's for the help. Appreciate it. Now what is weird to me is my whole life in the pre64 hotrod scene, I never knew 41 fords had the same body style as the 39/40. You learn something new everyday.

Oh and he was asking $1000. Maybe get him done to $800. I should of took pics. Dam it!