Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quick (probably dumb)questions..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loggy, Nov 26, 2008.

1. loggy

loggy

Hey y'all,needed a little info sharpish n i know someone here will know......yeah i know i should do a search:rolleyes:........:p....

Ok,now as far as i'm aware,my 59edsel wagon is basically a ford platform,looking to get some chrome reverse wheels for it,know the standard rims are 14" by 5.5"width,but i dont know the bolt pattern/pcd (4.5/5?)....and also,anyone with similar wheels on a 59ford/edsel tell me what offset their wheels are? Could save me from screwing up on making a wheel order,so help is appreciated:) (and apologies for the relatively dumb questions,but i'm still new to all this n if you dont ask you dont know huh).

Oh,and who does the best dummy spots out there? Thanks all:)

2. It's standard Ford bolt pattern 5 on 4.5 as far as fit for reverse get out a tape measure. I have 8x15 3.5 back space on teh rear of my Villager Wagon.
    The Wizzard

3. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Here's mine with 15x6 Wheels from a Ford Bronco II. I believe they have 3.5 or 4" of BS.

[​IMG]

4. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

those are some nice wheels

5. LOOGY; I stand corrected. I just had a rear wheel off my Edsel so I measured it for you. It is a 9.5 wide wheel with a 3.5 back space. I only have 3/4" clearance so if I were ordering new wheels I'd add an inch of back space. Plenty of room to go in board.
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

6. 62rebel

62rebel

not a dumb question at all; i wish i'd done the same before getting wheels for my first '62 connie. never EVER assume even on a FORD product that everything is the same... besides, it makes for good "been there, done that" stories!

7. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

9.5 wide wheels?!
    Do you have to unbolt the springs and drop the rear end to change tires??

8. No problem getting them Off as long as my Wife puts the Hyd. floor jack under the Front hanger for the rear spring. I wouldn't want Her to half to crawl under the Car on the side of the road. It does take full extension of the Stock shock and about 5" clearance under the tire to get it off. Then there is only about 1/4" to spair on the inner fender lip. So baisecly "No Problem" No doubt less off set would help but it's all about the Look and what I had laying around that I could use..
    The Wizzard