Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quick Lube additives and products questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool_37, Jan 25, 2008.

1. olskool_37

olskool_37
    from Michigan

Lets start at the beginning, I work at a Quaker State Performance Plus Quick Lube. My question to you guys is what do you think of the following products, I am required to sell them but don't really believe in all of them, and I find it hard to sell something I don't trust.

1. Golden Eagle Transmission Stop Leak $10
    2. Golden Eagle Engine Oil Cleaner (runs in the oil for a few minutes and helps it to drain better) $15
    3. Golden Eagle Engine Sealer $10
    4. Golden Eagle Engine Tune up
    5. Gum Out Engine flush (Drain the oil add flush run for 10 minutes and drain) $30
    6. Gum Out fuel injector cleaner (goes in the tank) $10
    7. Gum Out three part fuel injector cleaner (one part in tank, one part aerosol that cleans throttle body, and one part vacuumed through a vacuum hose to clean the intake) they want me to sell this one to help clean fuel filters in the tank that we can't service. $70
    8. Performance Fuel Injector cleaner $8

I would just like some of your guys' thoughts on this stuff. Personally the only thing I would use is the performance fuel injector cleaner, it is some wicked stuff, eats through a foam cup in eight seconds. One last thing, what do you think about the tranny machines that just "exchange" the fluid, the filter is still going to get plugged eventually. This costs between $90 and $100 to do and by boss still tells some of the people to go to a garage and get the filter changed depending on the application. I just feel like I am ripping people off selling them this shit, and I would be pissed if someone tried it with me. All opinions welcome.

2. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

lucas and lead substitutes all i trust! :)

3. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Lucas oil additives are some bad stuff. Check the oil guy's site and see how it turns the oil to white foam. I wouldn't use it if you paid me to.

4. Paul2748

Paul2748

No's 6 and 8 seem to be the only stuff worthwhile.