Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question regarding posting...

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 53Hattie, Jul 6, 2011.

1. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Not just once, but several times now I have invested my time in replying to a post or a p.m. and upon hitting reply/send had my efforts disappear and been informed that I was not "logged-on" when in fact I bloody well had been! Tightens my jaws severely, highly frustrating at the very least! Now, I know I'm not a fast typist, but not likely the slowest hereabouts either, if it's a time issue. Can't find an answer in the FAQs or a way to touch w/ some one with authority, ...so maybe the general pop can clue me in? Thanx in advance!

2. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Did you check the "Remember Me" box when you logged in?

3. badshifter

badshifter

You can pm any admin or moderator any time. If you pm quickly.....

4. in2hotrodz

in2hotrodz
    from Spiro, OK

Every couple of sentences hit the "preview" button next to "submit". It'll keep you active and won't log you out.

5. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Thanx Gents, appreciate the info! Hadn't realized the "remember me" was for that purpose, figured it was just for the next time I logged on. Any idea what the "time frame" is set at?

6. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

I hit the "Remember Me" box and haven't logged in so long I have forgotten my password. Turn off your computer, leave town, come back turn it on, and if you have the H.A.M.B. as a favorite or bookmark you will still be logged in.

Mike.

7. I have to re-log in only if I do something with the computer to erase the cookie it sets when you click the "remember me" box.

Any time I type a long post I copy it to the clipboard just in case something goofs up, sometimes my connection dumps me or some other thing and I lose the typing if I click to go back to it.

8. Compose in a text editor, spell check, SAVE, copy and paste.

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yea it's been kicking me out now quite often lately.... before I could turn my computer off and back on pull up the hamb and I'd still be logged in??

Don't know what the dillio is?

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Your browser is out of memory... Clear your cache and temp internet files. The, next time you login click the "remember me" box. All your problems will be solved.