Register now to get rid of these ads!

question on z'ing frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldflake, Jul 12, 2009.

1. goldflake

goldflake

Ok I looked though the threads and cnat find anything about how to Z a Model A frame. I'm looking to Z the frame 61/2 in the front and 14 in the rear. anybody have pictures from begining to end of how to Z a Model A frame. thanks

2. Glen

Glen

I think my frame is around 5-6 in the front and about 15 in the rear, there are a ton of pics in the link in my signature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. trad27

trad27

its pretty straite forward just measure twice cut once. I did mine 9 and a half, just cut the sides out and bent 1' flat stock. I have sience added fish plates always put fish plates on chassis joints.

[​IMG]

4. goldflake

goldflake

I guess what Im asking is for all the mesurements. like how far back from the front do you make your first cut on the frame. I understand that you want to make a two 22.5 cuts to make 45 angle. What about if I want a 61/2 Z I just cant messure 61/2 inches on 2X4 steel and then cut my angles becase I run out of steel. what I looking for is a full explination of how to do it.

thanks all for the cool pictures.