Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question on replies???

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 40StudeDude, Mar 14, 2003.

1. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

When you reply to a post, why can you not scroll down to see the rest of the posts? At least on my end, I cannot scroll down and see all of the replies posted. Am I doing something wrong...or is there another secret? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

daddio211 likes this.
  2. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Right now, you can only see the post that you are replying to, insead of all posts on the thread. No clue if that's gonna change. Doesn't bother me, whatever that's worth.

You know, Friday Nite is in a couple of hours.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'll try to expalin it but I'm no computer geek so I might not use the right terms. Also, this is my theory on why, whether it's true or not, I can't say for sure. Just trying to help answer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif so Ryan has more time to devote to the update.

Replying is alittle different then the old way and that's because there are two different ways to VIEW the posts.

Remember the old way, there was only one reply button on each thread and your reply went to the bottom of the page? Well now, if you've noticed, there is a reply in every single post. This reply method puts the replys in a different order depending on how you have your computer set up to view.

Look at the top, right hand side of the site and see the icons that say "flat" and "threaded"? Hit on one of those which will change the way you see all the posts. Play with it awhile till you figure out which way you like best. You can always change things back to the way you orginialy had them.

Also play with the "Expand" and "Collapse" icons and look at the dates and times of the posts (the order) they are in. Visualizing it might explain how the order works, depending on the post in the thread that you hit the reply button. Totally confused yet????

About 6 more hours till the approx EST that you normally post the FNR. Quit worring about how your viewing things and get back to working on your upcoming FNR! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif