Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Question for glass guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wicarnut, Jun 23, 2016.

1. wicarnut

wicarnut

I have 1951 restored Buick Roadmaster w/ a clear windshield, none or very minimal tint if any. Also 1951 Mercury mild custom w/ new windshield glass, same deal, clear. The tint that is applied from inside, any good ? I have no experience with, where I called did not know if it has UV protection in product. Looking for brand names, types, recommendation, possible stores, live in Northern Wi. Not the hub of glass tinting, I will travel to a major city for application, looking for the HAMB knowledge, Please school me, Thank You for your help.

2. belair

belair

If you are talking about tinting the windshield, I don't know if that's legal. As for the tint stopping UV, I don't know. Never heard that it would.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    wicarnut likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

last I head, you were only allowed to apply tint to the top 4 inches of a windshield.

wicarnut likes this.
  4. Your best bet would be to buy the shade of tint you want from a glass shop and swich them out..They make flat glass in clear,grey,green,etc...add on tint is not good.

wicarnut likes this.

5. It gets done here bit a cop can make you scrape it off if they want to. Even just a strip at the top.

The only tint on a windshield that is legal here is what is already in the glass. On an old car it is very difficult to find glass with factory tint.

wicarnut likes this.