Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for fuel injection 0n vintage dragster.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ricci32, May 24, 2012.

1. Ricci32

Ricci32

My chassis for my vintage dragster is out being fabricated. so im working on my power plant. Looking at alcohol fuel injection vintage style what do you guys think of a tunnel ram intake with bug catcher fuel injection as compared to the old hilborn style. the engine is a 358 ci sbc producing about 550hp going to run the engine unblown. Currently running on a alky carb brodix intake set up. the car is a 125" early 60s style fuller type chassis. the car is a stick shift car 2nd 3rd

2. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

What you are suggesting is a good setup. Good Vibrations has the set up, if you don't

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Oddball question. Vintage chassie and you want a vintage style fuel injection system, but are considering a late model (by vintage standards)"Bug on a tunnle ram"

Stacks are vintage--- BTR's are not so vintage

4. i saw one on a 426 in the early 70's

5. cakes

cakes

Stacks are vintage, tunnel rams really didn't gain popularity until the late 60s. If it were a two or three pot injection system on a blower it would fit in quite a bit better

6. Ricci32

Ricci32

nothing really beats the look of stacks