Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Question for electric mooneyes gauges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by European Custom, Jul 28, 2019.

1. European Custom

European Custom

Hi,

i´m a long time reader, but this is my first post :)

I´ve installed the 2" electric mooneyes gauges in my 48 Chevy for fuel, oil & water temp. Without power, the indicator stays at a level of 1/8 on every gauge, is this normal?

I would expect that the drop down to zero w/o power, can someone who has experience with Mooneyes tell what should be the correct indication level w/o power?

Best regards

European Custom Rodder

Oldioron likes this.
  2. The aftermarket electric gauges (that I have come into contact with) go where they want when the power is off.

3. European Custom

European Custom

Thanks for your feedback, so this means there is no general zero drop level when powered off for electric gauges? This would explain why all off my mooneyes drop to 1/8, maybe this is their defined "sleep" level when powered off...

And does the non-zero stage w/o power has any impact on the operational range when powered on? Does they still run correctly from minimum to maximum?

As i had only mechanical gauges in the past i´m not sure if the mooneyes are defect or just special as they are electrical gauges...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  4. European Custom

European Custom

Got a feedback from Mooneyes USA: "Gauges should show the correct value when powered on"

Never questioned this, i just asked why the values are higher when powered off vs. powered on when the motor is cold...

I didn´t get any feedback from them after reasking for an explanation.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019