Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question-Cowl Comparison:26/27T vs. 28/29A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JohnJoyo, May 17, 2006.

1. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

How close are the cowl-tops and windshields on a 26/27T to a 28/29A ? Are they the same? I know that Hallock and DuVall style windshields look amazing on the early model A's, but has anyone run one on a 26/27T? I can't think of one, but if anyone has got pictures of a T roadster running this type of windshield....please post. Surely it has been done. If it hasn't/ isn't done, why not? I was just day-dreaming of a 27 coupe-turned-roadster, hallock windshield, caddy331 w/ 2x2, maybe on deuce rails with blackwalls on wire wheels........

2. alchemy

alchemy

They look similar from 10 feet, but none of the measurements are the same.

Speedway Motors sells a glass roadster kit, and they make a Duvall-styled windshield for it. It doesn't have the top bar on it though. Costs $944.

Not sure if it would be an exact fit on a coupe cowl after you cut off the stock roof.

3. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Thanks alchemy...I'll check out the one speedway sells. I know the sides are different, was just wondering about the top where one of those windshields would mount. I've had no experience with either of those windshields but have always been a fan.

4. Squablow

Squablow

Yep, Speedway sells a V windshield for teh 26-27 roadsters. I want one for my '26. Ain't got pics though.

5. oldtin

oldtin

26-27 closed cars have a large kick up at the rear of the cowl, roadsters don't. A Duvall would look kind of odd on a closed car cowl unless the top of the cowl was seriously reworked.

6. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

2x2? Wanna sell that and use a 3x2? :D

7. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Would a roadster cowl fit on a coupe body of these years? Just trying to think of different ways to make this work. I LOVE these coupe bodys turned roadster....like the "Golden Rod".....but more like I described above...just think the body style would look KILLER with a Hallock style windshield...

8. oldtin

oldtin

I don't have a roadster to compare measurements, but I'm pretty sure the roadster cowl is narrower and shorter at the pillars than the closed car. The front edge at the firewall is the same.... so if you chopped out the corners and kick up at the back of the closed car cowl and shaped up some less drastic panels I think the closed car cowl could be made to look similar(smoother) like the roadsters, but I doubt a store bought frame would fit it. You would probably have to make your own frame.