Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question about '52 and '53 Dodge.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donzie, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Donzie

Donzie

Does anyone know if they share the same front sheet metal? I have a '52 and have noticed the '53 has chrome trim on the hood edge (above the grille). I wondered if the '53 will fit the '52?

Attached Files:

2. Squablow

Squablow

The front sheetmetal is definitely different, and I would guess would not swap over, the hood on the '52 is going to be peaked for 2 piece glass where the 53 has 1 piece, the front fenders on the '53 are flared around the opening, I'm thinking they are totally different.

3. Donzie

Donzie

Just to be clear, I don't want to change out the sheetmetal I just want to add the chrome trim from the '53.

4. Sonny Day Out

Sonny Day Out

DZ,

The trim will not fit without major modifactions , plus you have a Canadian Dodge ( Plymouth body ) which is different from a 1952 US Dodge ! All of the sheet metal is different on the car from a US Model !

Good Luck,
    Sonny

5. jimcrandall

jimcrandall

ya those are very different...the lines of the hoods are way off.. you could make it work but its gonna take some work!