Register now to get rid of these ads!

QUESTION: 1960 Buick 4 wheel disc brake master cylinder?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eagletucky, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Hey guys......

I'm about to begin the process of performing the scarebird conversion to my front brakes and I'm also replacing the rear end of the buick with a 1976 Lincoln Mark IV as it has disc brakes also. I pretty much have it all figured out except for the master cylinder. I want to run the stock buick power booster. Does anyone have any sugestions as to what master I could use that would bolt up to the 1960 buick booster, and run a 1969 Cadillac Eldorado front and a 1976 Lincoln Mark IV rear??

Thanks in advance........btw, I have already sent the same request to scare bird and Master Power Brakes, just thought I would ask here as well.

2. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Is your power booster mounted on the firewall or is it under the floor tredlevac? I have a 59 buick and used a 8" booster with a 69 chevy master cylinder. It is a power drum/drum application. I mounted it on the firewall.I am having a few issues but beginning to get them fixed. TP

3. If it's firewall mount any master for an all-disc system that fits the stock location aught to work. What are you running for a rear suspension to hang the Lincoln rear on?

4. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

I converted my 60 over to a dual MC setup with the same relatively cheap setup that TP's using. Works fine with the drums, I can shut it down quick and fast and straight if need be.

Feel free to send me all the old brake and suspension parts there Eagle, I'll put em to good use!

5. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

We're going with a 4 link rear end. We havent started this yet, I want to have most of the roadblocks cleared prior to hacking away. I picked this rear end cause it was the correct width and bolt pattern(well, that fact that I already had it didnt hurt either).

The master cylinder is mounted on the fire wall. So would it be safe to say a corvette MC (as long as it was disc/disc) would work? I guess I would run the old MC up to the auto parts store and match up?

BTW, 29sedanman (hamber) has dibs on the front brakes, my car is bagged, so I'll be transferring the suspension over.

Thanks for the info guys........anybody else???????