Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Queen For A Day"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadstar, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Trailer Queen that is [​IMG] [​IMG]. The 40 is nearing compleation and is off to the trim shop. It's about 60 miles north of me. I want to wait till this car is comletely done before I drive it. It's going to a local legend in our area called "The Mad Pleater" he has been doing rolled and pleated interiors in cars around here for nearly 50 years. I want Pearl white viynal with copper pleats.

I can't tell you how excited I am to get this car done. Everything has turned out better than I expected.

Now if I could only get that damn trans leak fixed [​IMG].

2. ok now I'm pissed. I went through allthe trouble to join Star Photo and link the pic and now it wont work [​IMG].

It was too big to post here and when I shrunk it it looked like crap. Someone help please [​IMG]

3. Here ya go........
    [​IMG]

Skip

4. Thanks man. Now I'll go back and read stuff on how to do it myself. I though I had it figured out by copying and pasting the url but something went wrong.

5. lets try this [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

Whats the story on the unusual windshield?

7. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Rudy,
    Is Benway gonna do the interior??

8. beatnik

beatnik

Looks great, black and chrome is classic and the interior sounds cool as well.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Rudy, That '40 looks like it is going to be one nice ride. I'll be expecting to see it out for our breakfast run next spring. That way you can follow Race and watch him freeze in the '32 roadster like you did last year. HAHA!!!!

Frank

10. DrJ

DrJ

I like it...
    The windshield?
    Is it a Canadian or Australian, (or German*) body and they made them a little different?

* (saw a German manufatured '32 Ford at a show at So.Cal. Speed shop that had a body that looked like a baby Mercedes)

11. Yes Rich Gary Benway is doing the interior. His shop is like a true time warp. He can do the interior exactly like I want it. And he loves copper and white.

The windshield has a peak moulded right in more like a convertible would have. And it is extended into the cowl where the vent is filled. The pinch weld has been modified too. Then I used the convertible trim and w/s rubber(convertible only). IT gives it a very unique look and looks like it should be there.

The car also has rounded door corners, a shaved decklid, driprails extended, the door and quater panel have been extended to close the gap underneath between running board. The hood is louvered and I used the ribbed bumpers(for my pleasure) [​IMG]

Hopefully I'll have the host server situation figured out when it's done and I'll post pics then.

12. hatch

hatch
    from house

Gotta love the matching tires and wheels!!!!.......(did I get it right???) [​IMG] [​IMG]...oh yeah..the car looks GREAT!!!!!!

Attached Files:

13. Rudy, the car looks bad ass. I know Gary will do a great job. How's he doning? Haven't seen him in over a year.

14. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Gary did the interior on a 48 buick roadmaster convertible I built about 8 years ago. White leather, nice job.

15. Byoo-Dee-Full!

16. haring

haring

That car is fantasic, and the trim shop sounds like it will be a great way to cap off what must have been a great project.

Hatch, stay away from the dark side ... use your powers for good, not evil. [​IMG]

17. Hatch you are such a Dick [​IMG]

Wait 'till I learn photo shop.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hatch, use your powers for good..... put the traditional wheels on the trailer. [​IMG]

19. hatch

hatch
    from house

Ooooh I get it now.....I used the wrong wheels...sorrry [​IMG]

20. hatch

hatch
    from house

All better now!!!!!!

Attached Files:

21. Poking fun at a mans TRAILER crosses the line there mister [​IMG]

22. hatch

hatch
    from house

I see a sweatshirt that SCREAMS for a WCC logo....maybe VonDutch???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. HaHa...Thats Race, Maybe a mullet too. ANd then find some Billet wheels [​IMG]

I still think your cool.....I'll tell ya what Frank and Rich said about you later [​IMG]

24. hatch

hatch
    from house

A mullett on Race????...I guess YOU better learn photoshop for that one!!!....(I really don't need my ass kicked at this age.)

25. moondisc

moondisc

I thought it was supposed to be ribbed for HER pleasure? [​IMG]
    Sweet ride. I like the windshield treatment. Makes it stand out.

26. nailhead60

nailhead60

Wow that 40 has turned out beautiful Very nice job Rudy

27. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

AWESOME work Rudy. that SOB ROCKS!!! can't wait to see the interior!!

HATCH. that first pic is gonna give me nightmares. THANKS!! [​IMG]

Mike

28. hatch

hatch
    from house

Nightmares????....Hey, I could've made it a 4x4 with monster mudders....but even I have a consience!! [​IMG].....and for what it's worth, the 39 and 40 coupes are the most perfect design Henry ever did. Did I ever mention the one I had free use of in high school?? 40 Deluxe with a nailhead hooked to the stock driveline.....wonder where it is???