Register now to get rid of these ads!

Qesstion about H.A.M.B. drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by surfacedoctor, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Are motorcycles allowed to run? Choppers or bobbers ?

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

3. Mootz

Mootz

The bobbers were the best part. I swear at one point, I saw one popping a wheelie while still on the throttle, shifting a jockey shift, and still making it to the end of the track in one peice. Crazy mofo's.

Mootz

4. atch

atch

there were lots of discusions a couple of years ago about WHAT bikes to allow. i don't think there were any hard and fast rules laid down. just don't bring a twin cam 88 bling-o-glide or rice rocket.

if it looks like it could have been running in the early 60's or thereabouts it'll prolly be ok.

i was going to post pix of triumph terror's scoot and make some clever/sarcastic comment to go with it, but i don't have any (pix or clever comments). i don't know why, 'cause i've taken lots of bike pix at MoKan, but i can't find any.

5. Thanks for the quick response guys. The reason I ask is I have an early 60's 405 Honda, chopped in 1969 ( hardtail, extended forks, sportster tank, etc.), untouched since 1970. The bike doson't really fit in any of the activities around here, but then again neither do I. But I do ride the snot out of it. See ya' there.

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

Bring a helmet and a leather jacket of some sorts.

7. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

here's a question... can i bring my 65 impala? astros, thin whites, pagan-gold like paint (war bonnet yellow, old corvette color) 283, 4 speed... body work kinda sucksm, but its the first i had ever done, kinda learned alot for next time...

i don't have to run at all, i just would like to able to get in and park where everybody's at... you know, make the 800 mile trip worth it.

8. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Wouldn't see why not, they let fiddyfour in with his wife's mini van. He hadda park on theother side of the track, but they let him in.
    Gene

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Just show up.......

10. Randy D

Randy D

pic might work....
    [​IMG]

11. Randy D

Randy D

12. Randy D

Randy D

Last one........ T T's riding outfit and winners circle pose.

[​IMG]

13. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yea Gene,,, but the words "kinda like a sympathy fuck" were mentioned :D

14. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Ha ha, I knew that would draw a response from you. :D I'll bet this tread draws a lot of views, anyone that has ever been to a HAMB Drags will look at anything that has HAMB Drags in the subject bar. I did.:rolleyes:

For those of you that have never been, if you get a kick out of hanging around a bunch of like minded guys & gals, and experancing car adventure at its best, the miles or the method of getting there becomes second to just being there. This one is one of the few shows my wife and I do that is as much or maybe more fun being there then it is getting there. Gunna have to be something big for me to miss one now. The HAMB Drags done spoiled me for life.
    Gene

15. bossmanshags

bossmanshags

The drags are going to be a blast this year. Bring your bike, or whatever! I think i liked hanging out in the hotel parking lot better than the race itself. well, it's a ways from now, but we're ready to go again...