Register now to get rid of these ads!

Puting a intake manafold on a 400m with chi 218cc heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Foxalotal, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Foxalotal

Foxalotal

Im currentley having built a 400m for my 59 f100 and looking at putting a dual plane manifold to suit the 218cc chi heads ive looked at the price eng manifold adapter's has anyone done this or can give me some info on this as it would be very helpfull cheers fellow hambster's

2. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

You should look at the past results from the Engine Masters Challenge, as that combination has been used by several competitors, and is a multiple-time overall winner- those folks could steer you in the right direction for your use. That tall-deck 400 block with the good heads is a VERY strong package- surprised a lot of people :eek:

3. Foxalotal

Foxalotal

Everything ive seen on the engine masters 400m they all use a highrise singleplane manifold to big of manifold for my use this is the reson for the use of a dualplane the engine im haveing built is only a street engine max rpm of 5800rpm a torque monster not a flat out race engine

4. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

The CHI 2V heads. the Edelbrock Performer 351/400M intake should work. pretty sure they have the same bolt pattern and runner as the Cleveland 2V heads

5. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

As I said, "those folks could steer you in the right direction for your use"- they are professionals, and their contact info is listed in the Challenge results. They have already done the research and testing- much better than "I think" from people who haven't done it or used the products. They will know what will match up correctly and work best for your intended use- and also proper cam specs to go with the combo. BTW, the Challenge engines aren't built for all top end, the testing isn't done that way

6. Foxalotal

Foxalotal

Allready bought a performer 400 when it was sat on the ports in the chi heads sit higher

7. Foxalotal

Foxalotal

Cheers thanks for the info will be geting in contact ive only hit a brick wall so far its hard to find any reliable info in australia a lot of people think they do but ends up they know shit thanks again

8. Have you checked with Scott Cook in Australia? He's been working on some new dual plane intakes for the 335 Series engines...it seems to me that he was considering a 400 intake a few months back. I don't know whether he did the 400 piece or not, but he has done a 351C dual plane to complement the CHI 218cc heads. He is GT-SCOTT on the Cleveland board: http://www.network54.com/Forum/119419/

You might dig around on there for more info, or PM him through there. Here's a related link to an associated board: http://351cleveland.wetpaint.com/page/Scott+Cook

So far as the Price adapters go, I've used them with good results, but not the exact combination you are using. There is plenty of material to match things, leave reversion dams, or whatever you want to do.

9. havi

havi

Tim is only an email or phone call away, too. www.tmeyerinc.com

Well, I just noticed you're already in Australia, so...

10. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

That good to know. There paper work says that they have the same bolt pattern and runners as the cleveland 2V heads.

11. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

This is right off there paper work. They need to change it.

CHI 2V cylinder heads

<table class="contentpaneopen"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top">
    Description:

CHI is proud to announce the all new Street Master 2V cylinder head. Designed to work with standard 2V intake and exhaust manifolding the 2V Street Master cylinder heads have no equal.

At just 190cc in port volume the all new 2V flows a massive 307cfm at just .650"lift, with 300cfm at .600lift (figures taken from as cast head with a 2.100" valve), taking the 2V head to a new level of performance, never before available from a standard intake port location and size.

Features:

1. Standard Intake port locations will fit ALL 2V factory style intake manifolds GUARANTEED and our UNI exhaust port allows the use of either 2V or 4V factory exhaust manifolds.

2. 300cfm of airflow at just .600" lift.

3. 3V combustion chamber provides the most efficient burn characteristics and detonation control on the market today.

4. All new 220+cfm "UNI" Exhaust Port will fit either 2V or 4V headers with NO port matching, and features true Standard Height Exhaust Port & bolt locations.

5. 5/8" Thick Deck for positive head gasket retention and ideal for all nitrous and blown applications.

6. Standard head bolt lengths.

7. Fully CNC machined in house.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

12. Foxalotal

Foxalotal

After bashing my head against a brick wall trying to find info on the manifold to chi combo im finally on the right track from the info on this thread a big thanks for all the info cheers form tasmania- australia