Register now to get rid of these ads!

PSI rear spring mount and wishbone....tell me more

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clark, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Clark

Clark

I picked up this cool PSI rear kit. It's pretty complete, minus the oval tube. Gonna have to go back and see if it's there.

The instructions should be helpful with the spring measurements.

Anybody else have one of these? Tell more about it.

I don't like that it's made for the bars to run parallel with the frame instead of triangulated.
    Clark

Attached Files:

2. Clark. Search Gene Scott and PSI. We have had a couple good threads

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Clark

Clark

I'll have to try Gene ....psi comes up with a lot of tire, airbag and oil posts

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I have a set of those also. I still have the original instructions which is what I used back in the 70's. I moved the tubes to the center by bending them. I was young back then and not so smart but they worked fine for many years until the Jaguar suspension became popular. I think I threw them in the garbage.

Rod and Custom did a full coverage of these rare items on Scritch's Phaeton. He is still running them on his tub as far as I know. They work fine. I had heard they were going to make them again but I haven't seen any available. The P&J hangers are what most people use today if they don't use the 36 bones.

I would use them and purchase some oval tubing to use as bones. Keep us posted.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I had a set on the back of my 23 and they worked great. I found a set on Ebay that had been chromed and were perfect for my build.

Don

6. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Somewhere in the hamb archive is a couple of pics of Andy brizeo standing in front of one of his displays... Looks like the whole psi line of stuff ... I think it was posted by his daughter , born a hotrod girl is her hamb name I think?

The graffiti coupe had those btw

7. Your pictures are in one of those threads I linked!

Yes, Terri is Bornahotrodgal or girl here on the board.

8. Clark

Clark

I did find a lot searching Gene's name. The pictures of the wall with the parts us pretty cool
    thanks T
    Clark

9. You are welcome. I love reading when his name comes up!

10. atch

atch

Just found this thread while searching for something else, so here it is back from the dead.

Does anyone have a more complete set of instructions like Clark showed in the original post? I have a set of these tubes and ends that I bought 20 years ago and would like to use now. I'm sure that I can figure out how to use them but sure would like to see the original intent.

11. atch

atch