Register now to get rid of these ads!

pshop of my Falcon...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Merc63, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Merc63

Merc63

Finally got aroound to doing a photoshop of what I'm trying to do with my '61...

[​IMG]

I need to get a new drivetrain, however, as the original one crapped out on it's first longish drive after getting it home. I'm going to retain the 6 cyl, but update from the 144 to the later 200 and C4 3 speed auto.

As a refresher, here's what it is now:

[​IMG]

And the inspiration which was my last one:

[​IMG]

Hopefully I can get the new garage done soon so I can get it in there and get ready for next spring's cruizin' season.

2. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

that thing'll be sweet- keep us posted on the progress

3. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

Nice! really like the green and white

4. warbozz

warbozz

I agree with the green, and all Falcon's need a white roof (or at least metal flake). It's amazing what a difference there was in the '60's when a cheap 'econobox' car had style. You won't find that today. That's why I'm a big fan of my Falcon wagon.

5. Merc63

Merc63

Yeah, I love the white. This one's getting heavy silver pearl, and maybe a small bit of flake to sparkle. And doing te no handle on a moredoor is gonna be cool, too.

I need to get some Tingler tiki artwork for it...

This is the seat insert and door panel material...

[​IMG]

6. Where'd ya find that great material? I've got an old Heywood-Wakefield chair that needs new skin, that stuff would be perfect!

7. Merc63

Merc63

J&O Fabricks in NJ. FAst delivery.

http://www.jandofabrics.com/search.asp

All sorts of retro cloth, barkcloth, etc. I did a search on "retro" or "atomic" and was amazed...

8. Looks really good. I'd like to get mine that low someday. The 60 and 61 grills are the best. I like the 62 the least.

Thanks,
    Kurt

9. I always thought a tube grill would look great on these early falcons.

10. haring

haring

spam --

I have a nice '60 grille for sale if anyone needs it, and I'll soon have a decent (driver quality) '61 grille up. :D

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135799

-----

Merc63 -- Did that photoshop Falcon original have big 20" wheels? That car was slick looking but the silly wheels killed it for me.

I gotta say that the fordor Falcons always seem like granny grocery getters to me. There are so many "tudors" still left (and cheap), why not start with a more desireable car? Even with the handles shaved, fordor's are for grannies. :)

11. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Thats gonna be cool, good luck with the project. I'm workin on a 62 myself.

12. Thanks!