Register now to get rid of these ads!

Proudest Moment In My Hot Rod!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lsmjamison, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

You never get too old for your mother to jump in on you and your friends.......

When my daughter gets in my truck she says " Hit the flamethrowers, Dad!"

2. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Fantastic story and pics! Lifelong memories for you and your daughter, gotta like that!

3. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

As a fairly new dad, that made me smile.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I would have made fun of this thread 4.4 years ago... Now, it's awesome...

Funny what kids will do to you.

5. That is aces ! And I'm not known for being a kid person

6. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Thats the best thing in the world. No matter how old she gets or what she becomes in life you'll allways remember the thrill of this event. She will allways remember being the coolest kid going to the dance with her daddy in his hot rod.

7. winr

winr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Way cool Dad !! :)
    Super memories that will last forever.

Frenchy32 and you other guys have way cute kids also.

My Daughter is 27 and has 3 of her own.

Regards.

Ricky.

8. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Thats what its all about. building hot trods and memories. heres a shot of my oldest son at his 7th grade graduation. Only kid there to show up in a hot rod wearing a panel shirt. tried to get him to drive it out of the parking lot but he is pretty scared of this one.

Attached Files:

9. falcon428scj

falcon428scj

My daughters 2 y.o. now, she loves daddy's Hot Rods, and I can only hope she continues to do the same. I too am looking forward to that day, the day I take her to the first dance, or first day of school, whatever it may be in one of the hot rods. Great pics to capture such a great moment, they will be there to help remind her in future when her mind is elsewhere, and also they are there for you to just stare at anytime you need a pick-me up on those not so good days after a bad day at work, that we all have from time to time. Pics like that have tremendous healing power. Make great wallpaper for puter too.

Great job DAD!!

10. Nobodys Hero

Nobodys Hero
    from New Jersey

11. sololobo

sololobo

Those are precious moments. They wizz buy so fast it is scary, you are a good Dad. Very cool pix, congrats on the big day!! ~Sololobo~

12. 59ab

59ab

Better start building a sedan rod soon. She will remember this forever and want a rod to use in her wedding!

13. Mr.57 here on the H.A.M.B. is a buddy of mine and he takes his 7-year old daughter Jessica to school every so often in his '57 Chev truck - she loves it 'cause all the boys come to see the truck and then talk to her when she gets out!

14. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

My little Shelby has been there every step of the way on this build. Hard to believe it's been over three years in the making and now it's coming to an end.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She is the best! In a few more weeks she will take the first ride in the coupe. Even before mom!

15. Lucky Devil

Lucky Devil

Awesome post. I have three little girls of my own, they love the cars. Best part for me though, is when I get yelled at for getting their cute little shirts greasy.

Attached Files:

16. mow too much

mow too much

Very neat, its something the two of you will remember forever DAD.;):)

17. TexasDart

TexasDart

I just had my father's daughter dance...but at her wedding. Enjoy the times.

18. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

TexasDart - Congratulations! Im sure it was just as special, if not more. We have only gotten started... I will cherish all of them.

19. This was my daughter taken in 1982 sitting behind the wheel in my Center Door, and she is our pride and joy now 2010, Daughter & car Lol

Attached Files:

20. Donnie T

Donnie T

That's what kids are all about. Our son just had their first baby, Ican not wait to take him for his first ride in my (34).

21. Well, your thinking this might be O/T, sure has been put to rest! Traditional Hot Rod- check, Traditional Family values- check. :D Too rad, wish I had kids, to do that with. I still remember having a friend come by, to take my Dad for a ride in his 34, at a birthday party for him. Ended up giving rides to my brother and nephew (youngrodder1929) too. Seems your daughter, just became another part of the "HAMB FAMILY", by the responses on here.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  22. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

Ok so I am a bit late to this post but have to post anyhow...

I have a few.

First off getting it running after getting it home. Working hand and hand with my Dad and Kids.

Driving my daughter to her 4th grade Father Daughter dance.

And spending as much time with my Dad working on this going to car shows etc.
    The attached picture was taken with My Son my Dad and myself less than a year before he passed.

Attached Files:

23. recks

recks
    from oceanside

Do customs count? I was in my 1960 Cadillac one time and had a kid (probably 6 years old) ask me if my car could fly! I thought that was soooo neat to hear coming from a person who probably has never seen an old car before. What a great compliment for auto engineers of the time period...especially since everything was leaning towards aerospace in those days in terms of modern ingenuity.

24. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotta hand it to ya dad...that's great. I'm a little jealous that I don't have a daughter (or son) to do that with. How proud you must have felt. God bless ya both.

25. 343w

343w

What could be more on topic as a dad, his daughter and their hot rod! I have 7 grandkids, they all love time with papa and his old cars, as do my 5 kids, that Is what life is about in a family, sharing your love and passions with those who mean the most! Thank God for all of our blessings!

26. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Made my eyes leak

27. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

Take care of your kids and drive a badass. You sir, have your s#@t together!
    nice job.