Register now to get rid of these ads!

project salty essex caution christman inspired

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Oct 26, 2011.

1. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

more pics

Attached Files:

2. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

[​IMG]

Looks a hundred miles an hour just sitting there! Nice!

3. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Now get the motor in! what have you been doing? sleeping! :D

4. realkustom51

realkustom51

Me too! Subscribed.:)

5. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good job,looks ready to launch

6. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

day 8 and i got the engine in. there was alot to figure out in the placement of the engine. center line off of the grount , centerline of the rear axle etc. i thin i will got with a chain drive to hook up the rear axle to the transmission like the miller car in the newest rodders journal. i realy like theat set up but i think i will keep the diff in the center and run the chain drive from it to the trans at about a 30 degree angle so i can keep the engine low. any one mess this chains and sprockets????? need some help on this if you do. here are som more pics from last night

7. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

pics

Attached Files:

8. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I'm loving this. Keep it up.

9. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Wow thats thinking outside the box..............sort of....
    Anyways I think is definatly cool!!

10. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

i know mid engine rides are normally way more balanced then traditional rides. but have you thought about how to get some more wieght back on the drivers side. maybe placement of the gas tank. im not sure if your a big enough of a guy to counterwieght the engine.

loving this build, btw

11. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

That thing looks sinister from the side! So cool running the 6 in it like that. You got more done in a month than most guys do in a year.

12. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Is it too late to make it right hand drive? Having an exhaust pipe for an arm rest is going to suck! If the engine and driver swapped spots, the exhaust could go out the side of the car.

[​IMG]

13. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

14. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i will be making a bulk head between me and the engine. it will have a glass upper section so i can see out thtought it and the pass door. i thought about the engine on the other side but it would be hard to time with the distributor up against the bulkhead. i am going to make the headers run down and the out the back like the chrisman bros coupe. from the angle the pic you have that i took makes it look like there is no room but infact there is plenty of room between me and the exhaust. more pics soon.

15. a harley belt drive may be easier to use. there is lots stuff to choose from. looking good. see you at the bigggg show. jim

16. fordman1

fordman1

I love anything built from scraps found, but obviously with a nod to flowing lines and safety. Keep it up! What is your plan for a windshield? A little concerned what you will be able to get to bend on two planes like your tape outline.

17. boutlaw

boutlaw

Awesome build, and you are really moving on this thing....from concept drawing to roller in less than 2 1/2 months, thats amazing. Way cool idea and execution...

18. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

yes i am hoping that 1/8 lexan will benmd this way. i need to get some and check out how much it will bend. i hope it will bend this much. if it doesnt i will have to figure out something else.

19. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

It's been 4 days since the last update. What's it look like now?

20. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

I think he drove it to Cavalcade.

21. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

well i made it to the cavilcade . not under it own powwer. haha. i worked on it for 8 days with an avarage of about 6 hrs each day . so i have 48 to maybe 50 hrs in it so far. not bad . i wanted to get more done but i ran out of time. here it is at the show.

22. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

pics

Attached Files:

23. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Whats the overall height of the car? It looks like it would be right your knee caps. I love the direction of the build. Can't wait to see it when it's done.

24. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

44" at the highest . just over my head in the roof

25. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

It's an awesome ride man. Keep it up.

26. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Shit! I thought that show was next weekend! I wanted to see this one up close.

27. 1929Essex

1929Essex

man i saw this in the classifieds for sale? we all want to see it finished...

28. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

well i would like to finish it but i have 3 projects going now . it was time for an evaluation. i have a 28 2dr tub i am building , a 32 5window that was a 4dr sedan, the essex and soon to pick up 29 model a truck cab. the 28 tub will most likely be done in the next few months but i still have alot to do to my 32 coupe the kopper krate and i would really like to have it out by early spring next year. i put the essex up for sale to see if it would sell. if i dont sell it i will finish it but for now it is on the back burner. the 28 tub has to be running and driving buy mid summer to get miles on it before bonneville speed week this year.

also my house is 15 years old and it seem every thing is ready to be replace . the wifey wants new carpet and the furnice is on its last leg. so hopefully you get where i am coming from. money in pocket is better than having 3 going on 4 projects

like i said if it sells it sells . if not i will build it but the tub must get do for my ride to speedweek.

29. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

bummer to hear dude, if you sell it, let us know on here so we can unsubscibe, but i will hold out just in case.

30. pakrat

pakrat

just saw it for sale THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!