Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Project Pontiac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52pickup, Apr 9, 2009.

1. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

I walked into a shop last week, and into a conversation the owner of the shop was having with a friend of his. They were talking about an old Pontiac that had been sitting in the back corner of the lot for awhile. As I walk up, the owner of the shop is saying, "all the parts are in the car, the engine has been machined, new tires and all. I can't believe it hasn't sold." He had my interest, so I ask more.

Turns out the car comes with 5 new (still in the shipping plastic) Coker whitewalls, all new door and window rubbers, a pile of brake parts, all the trim, bumper, grill are in the car, machine work done on the block and head, new pistons. I knew the car was a Pontiac, but until then I hadn't cared enough to figure out that it's a '52. Body is solid, so I'm thinking the guy probably wants several thousand.

Nope. $1000 takes it. Sold.

Only bad news - the crank to the straight 8 is cracked.

[​IMG]

So, the plan is to check out the brakes and steering. I've been searching for a replacement crankshaft. If I find one before I finish with the brakes and suspension, I'll put the straight 8 in. If I haven't found a crank yet, I have a 283/th350 sitting in the garage (yeah, I know bellybutton), I'll put that in TEMPORARILY, until I can get the 8 put together. My goal is for this to be my daily, asap, because I HATE(!!!) the dakota I've been driving the past few years.

2. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

My buddy wife has one just like that. I love those cars they have great lines and the belt line trime is cool as hell

3. One of the you-pull-it yards here had one just like that about six months ago. Already in China being turned into something else now. I think it was a six, though, not the eight.

4. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

I think they are really cool, I love the grill on them. I just never really paid attention to them before I found this one.

5. Austin296

Austin296

wow you got a damn good deal on the car. congrats

6. Welcome to the club....

[​IMG]

Join up over at PY Online and check out the for sale section...

7. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

A32- that is a sexy beast. . . after I told the misses what I did, and in an effort to not sleep on the couch, I showed her your car in another thread. I didn't have to sleep on the couch. Thanks for the link, too. I've been looking for a site like that.

8. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Welcome to the world of Poncho's Mines a 53 hardtop, 350/350 and such a blast to drive alot more fun than my shiny car lol, by the way I had to fake the rust on the front just to make it match... People ask when im gonna paint it I tell em I just did!!!!

Attached Files: