Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project Flatliner!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Aug 9, 2010.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

Next step is to show us some pics!!

2. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

You are a true - Ambassador - for the art of Auto Body Work Sir.

3. fitzee

fitzee

Ok time to start in at this thing agian.. first things first.. as you know I changed one of the quarters on the car and had planned on using 49 Ford lights.. Well after I changed the quarter and was having second thoughts on it and looking at more picturers i found the 49 ford light in my mind look better on the earlier flatliner quarter and I wasnt stuck on what I had done to that quarter.. So started looking for ideas and the 55 chevy quarter realy jumped out at me. So looking at them and interested in knowing if i like it i went hunting for rear quarter sections today. Found this so call complete car just down the road from me and the guy who owns it wasn`t there.have to go back to see what they want for it.. so went driving around and remember a few spots to look and found the remains of a 55 with both tail light sections there.Now these are not the best but never need any tools to get them so if anything I can mock them up to see if it is what I want. Have one more 55 to look at tomorrow.wanted to find 55 bumpers too so this other one Im hoping might have them. anyway it not much of a update but you can say I`m back at the car!! Found this pick of a 54 and love the look.. cant find any fleetlines with this set up!.

Attached Files:

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

I really like that look with the 55 tail lights,then again I really love 55's...then again I would fix up that white one lol ! My first car at age 14 was a 55 4 door 150 .

5. fitzee

fitzee

Fix it up!! thats all i need is another project!! Im down to two projects..don`t go putting anything in my head.. I was thinking a shorty 55 gasser!! No No !! get it out of my head..flatliner flatliner..lol

6. Nice to see you back at it, passed by your shop yesterday but didn't have time to drop in to say hello. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday.
    BTW, there used to be a 55 wagon down by Knight's Speedway, probably buried by now.

7. fitzee

fitzee

Oh I am finding 55s just wrong time of year!! lol Found this quarter section today but couldnt move it!! froze in the ground!!

Attached Files:

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

I see it as a daily beater driver :D It doesnt look too bad compared to most of the stuff that sits around for awhile there ...or here for that matter!

9. fitzee

fitzee

well those pictures are making it look better then it is!! I was showing the guy there what I was after and i grabbed the quarter and I think I could of halled it clear off the car!!lol.. If I can get it cheep enough I`ll pick it up. Im wondering if there is any bumpers..never seen any.

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Well we both know it could be fixed !!! Hint hint lol!

11. afaulk

afaulk

So i'm not the only glutton for punishment out here in the world. I keep saying this is the last one--- yeah right. Keep on working, one day you look around and damn, SURPRISE! you're ready for primer. Good on ya.

12. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Steve...don't encourage him! :eek:
    We've got him down to two projects and now he's...somewhat...focused!!! Hahaha:D

13. fitzee

fitzee

Yes Bill He is not helping any!! lol.. never heard from the guy with the other 55 so it is off to work on the flatliner today..

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Pics tonight then :rolleyes:??

15. fitzee

fitzee

I was at it all day..have 4 body mounts done and working on the trans mount. hoping to have the motor mount done tomorrow as well as have the steering colume in place..Oh Steve that guy contacted me on that other 55 it is complete less motor and trans but he says it is rusty and is a 4 door.. want $200 for it!! Think I should get it?? lol.

16. fitzee

fitzee

I did play with one of those 55 quarters I dragged home.. Figure I mount it on the car and study it for a while.. see what I think.. Two problems are no bumper so it looks like it sticks off to far and the roof line has to come down.. trunk looks too hight.. Ill play with it and see what I come up with..

Attached Files:

17. UMMM ! I dont know about those on the fleet Fitz . My 2 cents is that the flow of the roof is going one direction and the tailight is takin off in the other . Looks a little conflicting ???? Your car though,I am sure you have a vision LOL !!! Do we ever ???

18. rustydibris

rustydibris

i think we could make that 55 a too door.... two lane black top replica? $200 eh

19. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Not feeling it either....BUT it might just be the color mismatch, no matching piece on the other side for balance, and the lack of a bumper to stretch out the lower area.
    With the fastback styling and curves that taper to the rear, i think a car like the Flatliner needs to kinda...smear...itself along the pavement as it moves....

20. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Give it up...don't get him all wound up....LoL

21. fitzee

fitzee

Ok so i got the motor mount all done. seem to take for ever to do this part.. kept having to pull the motor and trans. did that I think 4 times!! Fit the seat in the car.Not to happy..still not low enough for me.. Got a power seat so the front raises up..I find having a seat set up high in the front and low in the back better on my back and legs on long runs. Started to figure out the colume.Tried to use a straight one but with the big wheel it wont work. Got a tilt and i can get the room.. Only problem is the shaft has to be shorten for the shifter linkage to clear the manifolds also going to remove the key from the colume.I have a new one for the stock olds dash. Well tomorrow Im hoping to have the colume mounted and the seat figured out.. anyway here are some pictures of my body mounts and motor and trans mounts.

Attached Files:

22. afaulk

afaulk

Just gotta say -- when i saw that modified quarter, it made me think of a Henry J, best wishes.

23. fitzee

fitzee

Sorry Bill Been thinking about that gasser we seen in Moncton!! lol..

24. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Me too...hahaha

flatliner is WAY cooler...and besides, this is how last year got screwed up for you! Too many projects...remember?

Repeat after me...Gassers suck....gassers suck....etc....:p

25. fitzee

fitzee

Had that said to me today..lol.. going to hold off on that mod for now..get the roof down ans find a set of 55 bumpers..I`ll look at that then..right now it is not doing it for me..

26. fitzee

fitzee

This from a guy that just picked up another project!! you got more then me now!! and thats saying something!!lol

27. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wish I could find a 4 door like that for $200 ! I know where I can find some 2 door pieces to do the conversion, I just havent been able to find a cheap 4 door carcass !

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

OOOhhh!! What did Bill drag home?:D

29. fitzee

fitzee

2 door pieces!!! Now Im fucked!!lol Steve? your not helping!!lol

30. koolkemp

koolkemp

I liked the look of the 55 quarter on the primered sedan pic you had...but it just doesnt look right with the flatliners rear roof/trunk profile...at least to my confused mind lol;)