Register now to get rid of these ads!

Progress on Project '38 Pickup PART III

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38pickup, Mar 4, 2007.

1. 38pickup

38pickup

well here is another update from the shop...

Here is PART II: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163220

Well I mounted the radiator and grill. I was originally going to use '34 radiator pads but, it looked bad becuase of how low the radiator is. So we fabricated some.

We also welded the combo shock/ headlight mounts. and they fit the style of the truck very well. The chrome guide headlights are from a '34 chevy, they even have built in turnsignals. Tell me what you guys think....

[​IMG]

a bad side shot...

[​IMG]

I also spent some time and hand polished the wishbones. They are not perfect and still have sratches in them but this was my first time doing bones.

[​IMG]

I also had a friend of Louverdude make me some headers... They were spose to be white but I am still tring to figure out what would look better. What do you guys think? (I am going for 60's altered style header look)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We made the k members and the seat mounts.... we also modied two driveshaft loops to make sure the drive shaft is not going anywhere...

[​IMG]

We took the hack off '34 frame and used what was used as a k member (The 34 ford frame was a moonshine runner or some heavily channeled hot rod in the 50's). and extended the frame to mount the '34 ford tank.

These are before we painted the entire frame...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys like it... Only three days till detroit any bets on gettin it to fire with all six 94s?

-Tony

2. Greezy

Greezy

Looking good Tony, keep hammering on it. You got a plaque to hang on it yet you need to represent.;)

3. 38pickup

38pickup

Dave and I talked about that, last night and the only I would be able to get one is to overnight a plaque today.... Or send it to HRLC to give to me (but I dont want to do that on Denise)...

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hey there ole num. 15!:p lookin killer bro!!!!!see yo arse in june!:cool: