Register now to get rid of these ads!

primer question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DECONTROL, Nov 7, 2010.

1. My laquer paint from i dont know 20 years ago is starting to peel up pretty bad and from wroking on it and the hood flying open im going to sand it out and put it in primer but my question is untill i have money to paint it what is the best black primer i can drive around in that non porus .. laquer primer??

2. 2 part epoxy primer from any of the major brands should do you until paint

3. thanks thatll end the thread i guess hah

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I think epoxy will lift the laquer ,Id stick with a laquer ,Dura build is a good primer I dont know if it comes in black,If not check Shermin williams

5. The Shocker

The Shocker

Go to your local John Deere dealer and get "Blitz Black".Looks like black epoxy primer ,sprays nice ,and holds up well if you add sum hardener to it ,plus its about $35.00 a gallon.I know you guys hate these threads ,but im just answering the mans question ...

6. epoxy shouldn't lift the lacquer . spray first coat light and let dry before putting second coat . the lacquer primer won't be waterproof. you could always spray a light coat of paint over any primer for protection.

7. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Epoxy paint does .....