Register now to get rid of these ads!

prayers for my best friend please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by breeder, Nov 1, 2006.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

gotcha covered... believe and receive!

2. Thoughts and prayers

s.

3. atch

atch

todd,

i've been away from the hamb for a while and was hoping there would have been a report on phil when i got back. however, seeing as how today is the day he finds out it is appropriate that we send some extra prayers right now.

i'm sure you'll let us know; we're hoping for the best.

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

thanks mike for the words...his brother roger is takin him today..his appointment is in an hour from now..im sure feelin for him...keep them crossed....

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hey mike, thanks for the reminder!!id kinda forgot...:eek:
    update on philly....he's been doin radiation for 2 weeks...he starts khemo [sp] today...he's been havin alot of trouble swallowing and they think its [the tumor] pushing on his throat...phil is gettin very tired of all this already which isnt a very good sign..he's just plain sick i guess....thats all i have for ya as far as an update..i guess ill know alot more after khemo...that will tell the tell more then anything ....keep hope and prayers coming.....GOD BLESS
    todd

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You and your bud are in our thoughts & prayers.............

7. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

our church is praying for you

8. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Todd, My prayers are with you and Phil. Wish you both all the best. The man up stairs will take care of the rest.

41 Dave

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

well, small update, phil did the radiation today as always and then a bunch of blood work...there starting the chemo on friday. so i guess this weekend is when the real test will begin....thanks for the prayers again guys and gals..means alot...todd

10. mr. dick

mr. dick
    from New York

Mat The Hot Rod Gods Be Sittin With Ya

Mr. Dick

11. Hey man,

Im new to this board, but I came across your postand I wanted to personally send best wishes to phil and phils family.

My mom went through almost the same thing.

Also, I figure Id give you this little bit of information. Check out [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vitamin B-17 found in Apricot seeds. They arent sold in the USA, but you can get them in Canada. They actually helped my mom in a big way. If anything read about it. I know I went nuts looking for ways to help my mom and Im sure you are doing the same for your friend.

I hope all goes well and your friend will be in my thoughts
    [/FONT]

12. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Thoughts and prayers out to you too....I know where your at, My mom is also now in her third week of chemo and daily radiation on her throat, its really hammering her now, very, very tough to see her go through it, not much can be done except to try to keep their spirits up.

13. Todd, here's hoping for the best. Never easy seeing someone go through this. Keep his spirits up if you can. Keep him focused on what you are going to do after he beats this. The mind can do wonderful things along with a positive attitude. My buddy beat this years ago and I think it was mostly due to attitude. He shouldn't be here, but is. Pat.

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Add my prayers to those already sent. God really is in control and when folks pray he listens. May your friend know His responce and get peace and comfort.

Frank

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

update!!!
    its been a slow and drawn out process up to this point! phil has gotten done with radiation and has one more khemo [sp] friday...he really hasnt got better and his brother just called and said he wasnt doin good today...he's havin alot of trouble breathing and its just not lookin good..i havent talked to phil for a couple days but im goin to try and get up there toady and hang for a couple hours..the last time i was there, he couldnt breathe very well, i brought a huge sack of movies to keep his mind off of things..i hate to lose him , but i would hate worse him suffering on in terrible pain!..i know its in GOD'S hands but a few more prayers never hurts!!thanks for readin....todd.

16. My family will put you in our prayer circle. lol

17. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Todd, not sure how I have missed this but add prayers from Oklahoma to the list.

Good you are a man of faith, not sure how people cope without it.

Be strong,
    GV

18. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

thanks gv and all of ya other fine HAMBers..i just got home from phils and he's fellin okay, he just cant breath...and its gettin alot worse..he is a real bull headed guy and he even mentioned goin to a nurcing home!!that was quite a suprise for sure..i hope he can get in there quick..he just cant take care of himself good at all!!!heck, 10 steps and he's done for hours!!!anyway, just thought id share todays events...thanks again to all ...your prayers mean more then youll ever know!!!todd

19. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

our prayers for your friend. i just hope i have a good friend like you in my time of need.

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey todd,

My prayers are with ya guys..................

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

update..phils back in the hospital again..he went in day before yesterday..he's havin alot of trouble breathing and he was starting to hurt again..i dont know what the stats are yet, but they ran some test and are doin more today..i dont thinks its goin to be very good news..after all the radiation and khemo's, i would think the tumor would be shrinking some..but who knows, just thought id let ya folks know....thanks alot for all your kind words! todd

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

hey bro... hang tough, THE man is always watching, and he listens, i know he does for a fact as i have seen the result of his mercy. :cool:

see ya in less than a WEEK!!! :D

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

lookin forward to it traves!:)

24. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Im sayin a prayer for you guys. I had a massive heart attack last june myself. 54 years old and no signs at all. I feel for ya. My kids at least my oldest was pretty shook up but i made it .. Im not 100 % but im alive and workin. I hope your best friend gets another chance.
    Dave

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wow!!!!dave , prayers right back attcha!!!GOD had a plan for ya !!!!my pop was only 55 when he had his..but he didnt make it! my kids miss him as much as i do!!!thank GOD your kids dont have to miss you yet!!!!!make it count they say!!!!sounds like your doin that!!!!
    this HAMB is like a hometown full of great folks aint it???if ryan only knew what this place means to so many in the way it helps....he is a true hero when he never meant to be!!!

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

well, since i last typed, phil is now in a nurcing home! hasnt improved any but had some okay news last week about the growth...but i have a worker at the restaurant who has worked at the n home for 20 years and told me the news was bad!!she didnt know why the doc's said other wise!!!!either way he's not doin to great!!!i feel like a asshat for not seein him as much as id like, so im goin to go see him again today!!!!i just hate to watch my friend slip away like that!!been a long 12 months and its almost to much to take! but , imma buck up and go more!!!anywho, i just thought id file ya in....thanks....todd

27. usedall9

usedall9

Wish the best for your friend....

28. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sad news.
    Sucks to see your friends and relatives waste away and leave us.
    You guys have my prayers. Life is one big Hoover vacuum cleaner sometimes.

29. atch

atch

todd,

i'm really sorry to hear this.

30. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Todd,

My prayers will continue for your friend, family and his friends. To go visit
    someone is one of the hardest things to do but it will mean a lot to your
    friend to go see him. I'll also pray for strength during your visit.

God Bless ya brother.

Happy Trails,

Mick