Register now to get rid of these ads!

PPG paint code - green/grey color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have been trying to find the paint code for a nice green/grey color like those that came on the 46-48 dodges or mid 40's ford. 'Shoul green grey' is the name of a color I really like.. I see lots of restored cars using the these colors but no luck finding a code that the local paint store can use to mix up the color. I do not want a pearl or metallic color but an vintage solid.. it is going on my Modified project....

Here are a few cars/ bikes that are similar to the color i am looking for (several from GNRS this year).

my preference is this bike from Reeds

[​IMG]

or this one on a chevy suburban..
    [​IMG]

I do not have a picture of the factory Dodge color from the 46-48...

this one is alittle more green but close..

[​IMG]

If anyone knows of some paint codes that would be welcomed

2. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

model A's had a nice factory Gray Green. Your 3rd photo is Ford "Cloud Mist Gray" from the 40's.

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

GA, I have actually pulled two paint codes (for the 46-48 dodge) and the local PPG paint store could not find a receipe for it.. That is one of the reasons I am asking now,, maybe some one has painted a car or restored a dodge and knows the code or had a paint can in the garage with some data.. I tried contacting Reeds to see if I could get some info on the paint color for the bike they painted but never got a single response (maybe they never got it, maybe someone at the shop is on here and can help)..

the cherokee gray on your second link is really close

4. squirrel

squirrel

A friend wants to paint his 34 a color like that, I guess it's like the new Teal (remember the 90s?)

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The 40 color is indeed cloud mist grey as previously stated-have done 4 40's this color over the years-always take a spare piece ( always have an extra chin piece painted as they get hit now and then) and I go the paint store and have it mixed--do the same for stock 40 deluxe dash colors. There is also a slightly lighter color of CMG used on 49-51 Ford pickups but I don't have a sample of that one.

6. 117harv

117harv

Boones, take some pics down to the paint shop and mix your own custom color...i like those greens also.

7. send me the PPG codes and I will get with the color library this week. I have to do this all the time for shops in our area.

8. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Reminds me or 1936 Cordoba tan. I have codes for this.

Attached Files: