Register now to get rid of these ads!

Power vs. weight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choppintops, Feb 7, 2009.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Right on.

2. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Aaaahhh, cut the kid some slack. It's not unheard of for teenage guys to lie about stuff they don't know. It's also not unheard of for guys of any age to brag themselves into a corner, is it? No, he may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but as long as he treats your daughter with respect and at least TRIES to work on his own car, he's got potential.

3. SpikedBeetle

SpikedBeetle
    from Utah

I was just remembering a couple of friends back in high school. One tried to tell me that his engine was so powerful, that the air coming out of his exhaust would make his car lean when he stepped on the gas. Another was convinced that narrower tires would give you better traction because it focused the weight on a smaller area.

Nothing wrong with these guys. It is what makes life fun.

4. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

In 4 months,,,,, he will be the Air Force's problem. He's going in as a mechanic (so I'm told). I sure home airplane parts dont come wrapped in protective plastic sleeves.

The kid isn't all bad, in fact if you need a hand with something, without even having to ask him, he will be there helping. Hard pressed to find many youngings like that anymore.

5. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Yea, I had an autoshop teacher in highschool say you couldn't push start a car backwards. I said you can in reverse. We argued till the bell rang, then went out and push started my bug in reverse.,,,,,,,,oh, and the air coming out of my powerfull 1600cc made my car lean when I stepped on the gas :D

6. blown green t

blown green t

My auto shop teacher was not a hot rodder! He said "the only thing you should change on your car is the position of the driver's seat". Some times you hear about a good shop teacher but there are some not so good ones. Luckily our library had subscriptions to Hot Rod and Car Craft!

7. striper

striper

Not necessarily untrue in all circumstances. Rally, dirt track on a wet day etc.

8. .manny

.manny

thats hilarious ........and horribly gross at the same time

9. chevyshack

chevyshack

He's just young and dumb. My brother once tried to jump a girls car battery with his. Problem was he hooked the cables up to the battery tie down bolts! Said it kept sparking and the manager came out to help which was female. (he was at work/Office max) Told him he was an idiot and hooked them up properly.

10. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

No, the worst part was, she walked past my comp, read that,,,,,,,, her EXACT words were,,,,,, "still can".:eek:

11. "in four months,,,,, he will be the the Air forces problem"

let's just hope he doesn't make you a grandpa in that time..that will last a lot longer than 4 months

12. striper

striper

That's a great skill. You must be proud :p

13. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Ok, thats not even CLOSE to funny. :mad: My daughter will stay pure till shes 81, we made a deal,lol.

Damn skippy :D

14. hotrodnessa

hotrodnessa
    from az

I am proud,,it took many years of dedication and hard work, but now I use that skill productively.:D Apart from peeing out campfires, I can now use my skill to harden hot metal AND fill radiators..!!:p