Register now to get rid of these ads!

Power valve question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B-Ray, Aug 5, 2009.

1. B-Ray

B-Ray

:)I am running a 331 hemi with a 6 deuce log intake with 6 94's (59's) and going to run progressive linkage. I plan on plugging the power valves on the secondaries. What is a good size for the 2 primaries. The motor is a 331 bored .060 over a very mild comp cam not much larger than stock, with 8.5 to 1 comp. Any help would be apprerciated. I don't know the vacum on a pretty stock hemi. The motor is a new rebuild and I just want to be in a good ball park, before firing her up. So I am rebuilding the carbs now. Thanks:)

2. 69fury

69fury

I must not be catching on here..... my holley 4 barrel has a blocked power valve and to compensate i'm up 10 numbers on the secondary jets. I was under the impression that two barrel carbs are both "primary" and work together all the time. I realize i am the unwashed, 4 barrel, overhead valve type of guy, but am I that far off base?

3. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Can't say for certain on a 6-carb setup, but on triple-carb'd flatheads you do not want to pull the power valves. There are folks who say you should but everything I've seen is that it causes a huge loss of power, jets that are way fat to try to compensate, and gas mileage in the toilet. You may need to change to a lower number PV, but every thing I've heard is to keep 'em.