Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Power Tour 2012. Detroit to DFW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I just found out the the 2012 Power Tour will start in Detroit and end somewhere in the DFW area. Man thats a good deal for me and lots of others I know. I've been on 3 power tours but have missed all the Far East ones due to the 1200 to 1500 mile trip to the start then another 1200 to 1500 miles back home from the end. Next years tour will end up within an hour of the front door of my and about a gazilion other north Texans front doors.

I'm putting a sign up in my shop tomorrow.....Power Tour 2012 or Bust.
    With all the others from the DFW area who will probably make the tour next year we could get together and have a DFW to Detroit tour on the way up. Of course it wont be a leasurly 200 mile a day drive, but probably two days at 600 miles each or maybe three 400 mile legs.

Let me see, what do I like getting the Sedan Delivery ready.......Paint, glass, interior, heck I may even have time to rebuild the Nailhead.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Whats the date on this?
    any idea of the route?

I guess i could look it up , but im lazy and this thread needed a bump, im like 42 miles south of the Big D

3. stronga

stronga

That would be so much fun!!

4. I heard it starts June 2nd and the points in-between have not been announced yet.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thanks man..:cool:

6. jtlester

jtlester
    from Texas

This would be cool have most of my family in the detroit area..You can make the trip in two days pretty easy.

7. SLCK64

SLCK64

Im gonna guess itll hit route 66 in IL and follow that till OK or TX. Itll give me a reason to go to DFW, never been.

8. D-man313

D-man313

where did you hear about it?

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Wife saw something about it on her facebook then confirmed it on Hotrods website. She told me 'looks like your gonna make another power tour. She takes good care of me!

10. D-man313

D-man313

sweet! hopefully it will come close to NW indiana, missed this years that went down I-65 thats 15mins from my house, so hopefully next year!!!!!

11. George

George

Detroit to Arlington, possibly same venue the '03 Tour ended at.

12. I may just have to plan on this one. With my brother in Detroit and Arlington just south of me a bit, this one would work out well for me. I haven't made one since 2000.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I plan on having a "Welcome to Detroit" pre-kick off party at my place probably that Thursday night May 31st as the tours kick off party will probably be Friday June 1st. All are welcome.

14. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

The wife and I went this year in an OT car. We drove 4000 miles in 12 days and hit 12 states. I was surprised how few old cars were there. There were lots of muscle cars and newer cars. Tons of newer Vettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers. This was our first PT and we had a blast, can't wait for next year.

15. v8muscle

v8muscle

The first official event will not be until Saturday. The only thing that happens on Friday is early registration, so your welcome to Detroit could happen on Friday.
    Bill

16. Sounds like another good reason to plan on this one!

17. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

I've been wanting to go on the Power Tour ever since I first started reading about it. I'm going to put it on the schedule for next year and start making plans. My wife is originally from Michigan, so we may go early and visit some of her family. The '36 is ready to stretch its legs!!!

Turnipseed

18. George

George

19. squirrel

squirrel

been thinking about it, a little. Last time I went was 04, drove 900 miles to DFW then up to Wisconsin and back home. This deal would be similar...actually less driving then when I went in 97, and drove 500 miles west to LA, then to detroit, and back home. Of course gas was cheap in 97.

20. hartman601

hartman601
    from Tulsa, OK

I have always wanted to go, actually the reason why I'm building my truck the way I am. Those that have been in the past, do you typically do the whole thing or some portion of it? I was thinking maybe do Kansas to DFW or something. Or tell me to suck it up and do the full thing and quit being a baby.

21. George

George

I've been a Long Hauler 3 times & done parts of 4. Do the LH if you can, if not, no biggie.

22. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Suck it up! You wont be dissapointed.

23. MilesM

MilesM

My brother wants to do it again next year.

My brother in law lives in the Flint area and he came down to Indy this year to meet us. Trying to talk him into going all the way with us next year.

24. MilesM

MilesM

Differnt site I think. They said a new stadium but I forgot the name.

25. millersgarage

millersgarage

I was at the Long Haulers party on Saturday this year,and they announced that the only plans made so far where that it will start in Detroit, and end in the Texas, but really no other plans have been made yet.

26. George

George

This has become typical the last few years, you just have to watch the Forums I mentioned earlier for random announcements of the other Citys if you want to make hotel reservations before the rates go up.

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You were at the Long Haulers party at the Proving Groups without being a Long Hauler??:eek: How'd ya manage that? I could have gone but it would have been riding with friends that did the LH and I only care about running on the course if I can be driving Big Olds. Maybe next time.

28. millersgarage

millersgarage

I hitched a ride with a friend who drove the whole tour :D
    Caught up with him in Muskegon.

29. Granny 5

Granny 5

My wife and I did the trip from Cocoa Beach to Indy then headed back to South Ga through Pigeon Forge. Around 2500 miles total in a chopped and channeled bare bones hot rod and had a blast! Wife is already planning for next year! :D