Register now to get rid of these ads!

Power King tires, anyone use them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobj49f2, Jun 18, 2012.

1. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I'm looking for a new set of tires for my '49 F-2. I got some decent pricing on Specialty Tires of America but got a better price for a set of Power Kings, which are also about 65 miles closer to home.

Coker sells STA tires for about the same price as the dealer I found here in Wisconsin, Coker whats a small fortune to ship, which I totally understand. For about $40 I can pick up the STA in WI but it's going to take an entire day to go there, have them installed and come back home. Time I don't have. I have read a lot of posts about STA tires but nothing aobut the Power Kings. The Power Kings are $20 less a tire and the dealer is 25 miles away. I just want to know if anyone had problems with Power King tires.

2. casper

casper

STA = Specialty Tire of America.... made in USA
    Power King = (99% sure).... made in China.

3. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Yes, I realize the origin of the different tires. Price plays a little in the role of what I will eventually buy, I'd rather buy domestic but I just don't have the time to drive the additional miles to get the STA tires. I am just looking for some opinions of the quality of the Power King tires. That will help me determine if I should use up an entire day getting them.

4. rld14

rld14

If you're ordering from Coker, join the Alliance, it will more than pay for itself.

Power King tires are from China, unless you're putting them on your ex-wife's attorney's car, I would pass myself.

5. outlaw256

outlaw256

heard you can play hell to get them to balance.dont know if its true just what ive been told.