Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Posting question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ron Brown, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have some short videos on my Ipad that I would like to post....I can post them everywhere, Facebook, email, text, everywhere no problem but when I try to post them here...nothing.....they are in my photos file but when I try to post here they are not there, like they disappeared...do I have a setting wrong somewhere with this site?....same on either my iphone, ipad and macbook pro...hoping someone else has dealt with this problem...

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You have to post the videos to a site like you tube and then you can post a sharing link to your posts

3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To the best of my knowledge you cant direct load video on this and many other forums. Upload them to youtube then post the link. Super easy to do even from your phone. All you do is open an account which you can open from PC and/or phone.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  4. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

My wife had made some quick videos that we wanted to use on a website. We tried all sorts of ways, but the sites would not accept our version as a saved movie file. Her products are all Apple. I had the same problem with digitized movies in the beginning. After editing them, I was ready to post. But websites blocked the uploads.

All of your photos need to be made as jpeg. The videos need to be converted to the You Tube regulations. But, first, you have to create a You Tube page for your channel. Then as you follow their rules or directions, it converts your videos to their style and now can be played anywhere. (including the HAMB.)

In the beginning, all of my videos were in the mp4 or MOV. format. They could not be played directly on any website and therefore I had to create my own You Tube channel, J Naki . I had to be able to send my copies to them and their machine changes something to be able to link in any website. (including the HAMB. )

It is the only way to get them on the any site. My You Tube video films have been used on many different sites. It is not a very large library, but it gets right to the point when displaying a story or facts about hot rod history or early drag racing.

Jnaki

If you make a mistake uploading or check one of their boxes, you can always go back and make edits. That allows you to get exactly what title and how it will look as a small icon for all to see. If you use the black background, it makes your videos stand out for you to see and make edits or changes later.

Good Luck and PM me if you need any other form of help. On You Tube, if you make a mistake, it can be deleted. But, make sure there are all grammar corrections and correct spelling, as the whole world sees You Tube.

5. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

finally figured it all out and posted a video....thanks guys.....yer awrite