Register now to get rid of these ads!

POST Your Definition of "Hot Rod" Pic

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodster, Feb 27, 2010.

1. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

This is a fun ride!

[​IMG]

2. bobjob55

bobjob55

most cars that have been modified or customized should be considered as a hot rod.. rats to trailer queens..if it ain't a stocker,, it's a hot rod.. just my 2 cents worth..

Attached Files:

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Even though I normally go for darker and dirtier coupes, the Satan Coupe (Devil Deuce) is one of my top Hot Rods ever. It just does it for me and I think it looks so rad.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another one of my top Hot Rods of all time. The Navarro Roadster is everything that's cool about Hot Rodding...
    [​IMG]

LazyV8's '39 is exactly what a Hot Rod should look like. This car is inspiration for my '35. It's a really beautiful car and has a ton of attitude...
    [​IMG]

Simply bad....
    [​IMG]

Rad...
    [​IMG]

Even though it's missing the most important part of a hot rod in this pic Groucho's old '32 really gets me jonesin'...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is more my style of what I think my '32 might end up like...
    [​IMG]

I just don't think that I could choose one pic really to sum up a Hot Rod. It means so man different things to me and cannot be summed up by one thing.

4. Let me qualify this by saying that even though I am a DIE HARD Mopar guy, I LOOOOOVE GTO's and 442's!!! If they ever banished all Mopars to the great scrapyard in the sky, I'd have a GTO before the sun went down!!! =BUT= to me this is a "muscle car" and not a "hot rod".

My $000.02 is: A "hot rod" is a home built creation like no other, using whatever engine, body, and suspension parts that were available to the builder. I don't think that you COULD narrow it down to ONE particular car, or even an individual body style, could you? It'd be like trying to pick ONE picture to describe an "airplane". A coupe like Milner's screams HOT ROD, so does Baskerville's old roadster, so does Ala Kart and Atomic Punk, and...

I'll preach it from the rooftops untilt he day I die that a "hot rod" should be unique and to be what the BUILDER wants, not just something to conform to the masses' opinion of what "traditional" is or what a "hot rod" is SUPPOSED to be. I'll gently chide the guys who post photos of your project and ask "What do you think so far?". What =I= think really shouldn't matter TOO much. I mean, I enjoy seeing projects, and will gladly offer some guidance if you're at a crossroads and would like my opinion, but don't look for my "approval" before you continue! Build what you can afford, what you and your family will enjoy, and what will give you (we hope) many thousands of SAFE and FUN road trips.

5. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Heres my definition... drive it like ya stole it!
    [​IMG]

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What ever it is (Hot Rod, Muscle Car, etc) I would like to have a '66 GTO one day. My father had a '66, Dark Blue, Blue Tints, Cragers, jacked up in back. I would love to be able to find his old car. That would mean a lot.

7. chris55

chris55

This gets my vote, sorry borrowed this pictures from somebody here.
    [​IMG]

8. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

P9050036.jpg
    This is a Hot Rod.:cool:

What is A Street Rod??:confused:

I know what a Tuner is. A waste of time.:rolleyes:

9. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to fully agree with you on this one chris55. Littleman's pickup is the balls

10. perk30

perk30

That is my new wall paper on my computer at work. Awesome!

11. jokerjason

jokerjason

Heres mine!! JOKER JASON

Attached Files:

12. az67goat

az67goat
    from Mesa, AZ

I don't care if the frame broke...:eek:

Attached Files:

13. senior fried

senior fried

554 = hot rod

Attached Files:

14. My vote is for anything the rollin' bones build....period.

15. Larry T

Larry T

Since you didn't say traditional and I assume you're talking street cars, I'll go with this one.
    [​IMG]

Or if you want a little more traditional this.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  16. There are a lot of good photos representing the quintessential hot rod posted to this thread thus far. I'll contribute a few as I think of them.

Here's one ....

[​IMG]

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This is one I forgot. Awesome!!!

18. A few more ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's one that belonged to our HAMB pal, Dean Lowe. It was the Hot Rod magazine cover car, January 1962.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Dean's car in full drag strip form. This '29 RPU was a national record holder running in the B/SR class in '62.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm kinda partial to this one...

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

John Force always calls his funny cars "hot rods"...I call all my cars "hot rods"...aren't they all...???

R-

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Larry that '32 blows my mind. You should see what I'm working with.....hahahaha!!!!!

22. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Ever gonna regret selling that 3W Larry? It might be my favorite 32 3W ever.

And Ralph........do you own the Pete Henderson roadster?

23. I feel compelled to post this. It oozes history.

[​IMG]

24. phukinartie

phukinartie

Well to me Hotrod is a pretty wide scope to me from the GTO to the green honda pics on this thread ARE Hotrods not traditional but Hotrods Hell if a guy chromed out
    and put a supercharger on a rototiller put his heart and soul and he is proud of it is
    HIS hotrod!!!

25. rodster

rodster
    Member Emeritus

Yep, it's one of the 10 I kept when I sold all my stuff last fall. So I guess it's "MY" definition of a "Hot Rod" both literally and figuratively. To me it's as much about the picture itself as it is the car that evokes my belief that the pic would convey it all if someone from another planet asked "what's a Hot Rod?" I mean it's all there---the obvious camaraderie of the guys standing around the car together, the hood up, the gas station setting and ,of course, that perfect stance. Take another look:
    [​IMG]

R

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  26. Chuck R

Chuck R

Do you know what's funny? I posted a couple of cars that moved me, but was quick to realize that every car that has been posted gives me the same feeling. "Oh yea thats a great Hot Rod also" There really is no one car, it's more like 1,000's of cars that define hot rod. This culture, hobby, art form or what ever you want to call it was created over the last 90 years and each great idea only honed the definition. One more quick thought, the definition is always changing, the definition in the 60's was different than it was in the 80's which is different than todays definition. It will never be put into a neat little box, it is always changing just like us.
    chuck

27. duffy.

duffy.

Amen!

28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Actually, no. I had a blast with it, but I'm collecting parts for the next build...another deuce

29. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

not a traditional rod by any means but i love it!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

30. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

x2
    rip casey