Register now to get rid of these ads!

Possibly dumb seat belt question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47Plym, May 26, 2005.

1. Regarding the HAMB drags, like the one in Joplin.....if you want to enter your car in the drags, are you required to have seat belts?? Mine does not have any....yet. Have some to install sometime. Or, any other requirements or advice??

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Whether they are mandatory or not for racing at Mo-Kan you should install them anyway.

3. Install tehm anyway, lap belts are $12 a pair, call PARR in OKC. I drooled all over your car that night, never thought of popping into the lounge:eek: If you knew me, that would amaze you!:D See you in August.

4. Yeah...I know.....they are on my to-do list, along with turn signals, an overdrive trans and some other things. I just recently found a place to purchase some plates to attach belts with and give the floor a little extra strength. Now I need to recall where I filed the info. I think the cost was reasonable.

5. Like I said, Parr, they have the plates as well.

6. I just put my RLS belts from summit in last night to get ready for the Reynolds, GA drags . I remembered why I didn't do it right when I put the seat in - I was in a hurry to drive the car.

I had grand visions of 3 point belts and even bought the 3 point belts. I just couldn't convince my self the attachment point for the 3rd point would ever be any good. Then I just decided lap belts.

Damn - I just don't even want to think about a collision in that car. Lap belts just hinge your head toward the dash - I guess that is better than nothing.

I am glad I got them in. The 3" race belts with the big latch in the center look pretty cool too. I can't stand the GM knock off looking stuff.