Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Possible Scammer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashfarmer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. I was trying to sell a very expensive trans. I got a call from a guy in Georgia. I was very suspicious from the start. The guy said he would fed x a check. It showed up the next day as he said it would. The check was drawn on a bank in .ca. I looked up the bank on the computer. There was a bank that matched the check. I called the bank giving them the 9 digit routing number. The guy at the bank confirmed by thoughts that it was fake. The other scam going on is they some how have a way of putting a delay on a bad check. It clears ok in three days giving you access to the funds. Then the bank calls ten days later. They take the money back. So if you decide to take a check hold onto the parts longer before shipping.

pat59 likes this.
  2. 5window

5window

An awful lot of work to sell a tailgate. How much money are we talking about here?

3. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If its a US resident use a USPS postal money order that way if they scam you the US govt will get on their ass and theres a good chance they will get fitted for stripped pajamas.

4. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Yes, I haven't heard from him since. :)

5. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

$450 is what I was asking, it's a nice straight tailgate that I bought at an auction with another tailgate that I wanted for my 1959 IH pickup. Unfortunately some thief walked off with the tailgate I wanted before I got it loaded up. :mad: Years ago but I'm still angry about it. :mad: I suppose I'll end up making one of those benches out of it but I wanted to see if someone out there wanted it worse than I did before I did that. I'm so tired of thieves and scammers. :(

I just talked to my Mom on the phone a few minutes ago, she told me that she was woke up by a car at 3:00 am last night and couldn't get back to sleep. Probably someone stealing something. I asked her if she called the sheriff and she said no. :( She didn't think about it. I told her she should always have a phone within reach and call the sheriff, that's what they are there for. Mom is 88 and has mobility problems. My Brother and his Wife live there with her but they team drive and you know that truckers are gone a lot. She lives 11 miles from the nearest town and 9 miles from me. At 3 in the morning the sheriff's department could be at her place a lot faster than me, I also have mobility problems of my own and I'm not that fast anymore.

My Brother and I have had so much stuff stolen it's not even funny. I was forced into an early retirement due to health and I could use a few extra dollars at this point. If I could have sold all the stuff that has grown legs and walked off over the years I'd be sitting pretty good. I wish we had range law in Iowa. I hit what I aim at.

6. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

As far as the banks spotting a fake check, don’t count on it. I was sent a bank check from Chase Bank that looked perfect, but the amount had been “washed” and “reprinted”. It took three weeks to be returned as fake. Western Union works. Go to,the office and get your cash then ship the parts.

7. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

A Postal Money Order is Federal. For it to be bogus it would have to be counterfeit and physically signed by the perpetrator. If it's counterfeit that's a felony, a Federal offense and is major jail time in the Federal Pen. I'm sure it has been done but it's easy to confirm that the Money Order is not counterfeit before you ship the part.
    If it is counterfeit the Feds will take over and you still have the part.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  8. exterminator

exterminator

I sell parts sometimes and i had a fella here a while back want to buy a part from me and wanted to buy it via paypal. Told him i don't do paypal but will take a check,money order or have his brother give me cash if he would pick it up. Oh yeah, his brother lived a couple hundred miles away and he lived in another country.I would rather lose a sale then take a chance of getting ripped off. Don't know if anything this guy said was true!

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What's funny is the value some people will put in a tattoo over good denistry.

10. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Fake teeth