Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Portland swap meet is coming!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimSibley, Mar 6, 2015.

1. JimSibley

JimSibley

Just made my reservations for a hotel, I'm pumped. Who all is going? Maybe a little hamb meet, or something .

2. I am certainly going to try to make it this year. All you HAMBers out there look for the guy with the red hat and wearing signs that say, "WANTED: 1931 Dodge parts".

3. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

I go every year. I take Thursday and Friday off work and do the expo 1 day then the race track the next. Then Saturday I go back to one of them just to do a hot lap and see if I might have missed anything.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I give up, what are the dates?

5. JimSibley

JimSibley

6. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I'll be up there this year. In my motorhome taking the bus.

7. Oh Ya looking for Fairlane Parts

8. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

Made room reservations last week. Need to get some new shoes broke in ...:)

LW

9. If your looking for a "less" expensive motel there are a few up Interstate Ave. They are on the light rail which will drop you at either swap meet (PIR or Expo center). I stay at the Palms, rooms is $65

10. "Always in April!"
    Gone lots of times and hoping I can go this year

11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I stayed at the Palms last year for the Roadster show. Clean and friendly with the best neon sign around!

12. RatPin

RatPin

As usual it's my favorite event of the year! I will have stuff for sale in spot #6611 this year outside on the east half mood area.

13. Rob68

Rob68

I'll be there. Looking for 272 valve covers and exhaust stuff.

14. Duke

Duke

Is anyone coming up from San Diego? I have a few light parts that I need brought up. The would fit in a pickup or Van.

15. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

We will be there, we have a couple of spots in the middle of hall D. Alliance discounts are good there too. See you there!

16. daddylama

daddylama

i'll be there with a few kids in tow... literally; piling the kids in a radio flyer and pulling them around.

last year was the first i've missed in a while.
    not doing PIR this year, just the expo center.
    looking for crappy A sheetmetal.

if there's a HAMB meet, i'll swing by! haven't met any HAMBers here in a looong time.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I need to go but have to get the driver truck running and squared away as my daily won't hold the parts I am hunting.

18. Idaho/Dave

Idaho/Dave
    from Idaho

we've got 5 spots in hall D, 3 outside spots, always rains !

19. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

I'll be there with my brother. We have a booth indoors: hall A, #1377. Stop by and introduce yourself!

20. JimSibley

JimSibley

I'm going to be looking for 5.5x5 American style front mags. If anyone sees them or has them
    I will have my phone on
    Me. 509 868 2746.

21. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Been going since the early 80's. Located in Hall D in stall #3193 - stop by and say hi!

22. southerncad

southerncad

We will be there again this year in HAMB friendly spaces 9189 & 9190, we are the guys with the bubble blowing dude & remember that "WE BUY JUNK AND SELL VINTAGE PARTS.....:DPlus we have the lowest prices, Cuz we cheat the other guy and pass the savings on to you!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  23. Duke

Duke

Portland guys, does anyone live close to the swap meet? I have a moving company that will bring my parts north to Portland, but I need someone to keep them for a week. The would arrive sometime next week. The parts are a small bench seat and a small roof section. Thanks

24. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

We will be there doing Pre-Registration for the Rose City Round-Up, make sure to stop by and say hi

25. I'll be there, driving up from Fresno tomorrow! Originally from Portland, would go every year with my Dad. I don't think we missed one for twenty-five years straight. He passed away last year, and this will be my first meet without him. A bittersweet feeling for sure.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  26. Duke

Duke

New guy question- I hear you take a bus to the swap? What address do you put in a gps to find the parking? Can you take a wagon to get your parts out?
    Thanks

27. Yes, not sure of the actual address but you park at the horse race track or PIR and catch the bus.

28. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

GPS Portland Meadows

29. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Portland Exposition Center, 2060 N. Marine Drive, Portland; PIR 1940 North Victory BLVD, Portland 97217
    Here is a where the parking is located and how you access it. They have free bus shuttles from the parking that goes to both events. Not sure if there are any other tricks to get to the parking easier.
    Site.JPG