Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Portland, ME Hot Rodder Roll Call??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DBAG, Jun 11, 2010.

1. DBAG

DBAG

So, in a few months I'm moving to Portland, ME. I just got a full time job slappin' the bass fiddle for Sean Mencher & His Rhythm Kings..Anyway, I'll be running the '52 up there.. and is there any Portland, ME Hamb'ers up there? I don't know of anybody off hand. I'm sure there's a killer population of us up there..let's hook up, fill me in car shows out there, etc!
    -DBAG<br><br>[​IMG]

2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to maine. There are small shows here and there but there are 3 or 4 nostalgia meets at the new england dragway in epping new hampshire a year that are very good with drag racing going on all day too.
    Dates: July 25th, August 29th and September 26th. Well worth the trip.
    Gasser Girl

3. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The greater Portland area is nice. If you are into cruise nights, there is one just about every night within a 30 min drive. A few decent car shows each year. Not far from a couple circle tracks and two drag strips. Two or three good hot rod shops. So depending on your likes, it's a good area. A bunch of great resturants too.

4. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

pm sent
    Pontiac Slim....old and decrepided.. but semi alive with some useful goals

5. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Land Speed Racing starts with tech at Loring Fri July 30, runs on Sat 31st, and Sun Aug 1st. Lot of neat drivers in the parking lot to check out as well.

Ed