Register now to get rid of these ads!

popular french car 2cv

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mika112, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verry Nice Work
    i worked on imports in CA in 60's through the 80's
    mostly DS21 a fue 2cv's
    i will keep watching
    Thank You mika

2. von birch

von birch

very cool, looks like you do some real nice work!

3. I like this one too.

Attached Files:

4. mika112

mika112

hello
    tanck you the guys !
    I keep the floor board .

[​IMG]

5. This was what I was thinking of, when I saw Nedd and your pictures. Certainly has some Deux Chevaux shape to it. How about it? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I must admit that I had that Voisin in the back of my head when I did the sketch, though only as regards the bonnet cut line. The idea itself is quite independent. It was a response to ideas being raised about the general character of an ecologically sustainable car. I cannot remember the forum, but the ideas were generally in the Aptera sort of mould. I countered that a truly ecologically sustainable car would me more like a cross between a 2CV and a Lotus 7. The image stuck, and has re-emerged from time to time.

7. Yes - you can just wind down the suspension but as you get lower the castor angle (which is ridiculous as standard) becomes extreme and the steering gets unbelievably heavy. for this reason many people cut the spindles free from the tubular suspension arms, turn them and reweld to get a more normal castor angle when low.

8. Sorry to hijack this slightly - Ned, I think you're talking about something like this, recently seen at a UK rodding show. It uses an Austin Ruby body on Caterham 7 chassis and running gear. I love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Thats mad Blackjack! Must be a hoot to drive.

10. Mika
    Don't worry about your English we can figure out what you are trying to say.

I like Citroens myself new or old. They are kind of an odd looking car maybe that is why I like them. This will be fun to watch.

11. mika112

mika112

top floor front .

[​IMG]

below floor front .

[​IMG]

12. carnut341

carnut341

We have a guy in town that has 1990 Citron and it looks a lot like yours. I talked to him one day and he was surprised I knew what kind of car it was. But, I would have never guessed the year. I really like the way your doing yours.

13. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

I have been fortunate to travel to France several times over the last few years and am always surprised how many 2CV's you see still in general use. It doesn't matter if it is a big city or small village. There are still quite a few on the roads there. I have never run across any modified cars, lowered etc. Are the rules pretty strict about driving a modified car?
    Your work so far is exceptional. Thank you for taking the time to post all the photos and descriptions. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

14. AFAIK Theoretically it´s totally illegal to modify your car. People still do it though.

15. mika112

mika112

hello
    This is not a 2CV is a way of life :)
    please stop history of the Citroen 2CV
    thank you .

16. mika112

mika112

repair the cowl
    fabrication home made , of course .

cut

[​IMG]

new parts , metal 0.8 m/m .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------

17. Holy Crap! That's some good work there!!!

Klaus

18. i am still folowing this
    inspering to build parts

19. 60 Plymouth

60 Plymouth
    from UK

Subscribed! Love to see people tackle 2cvs, I like the idea of building a chopped/channeled roadster as a daily driver. LPG conversion and you got a dirt cheap to run car.

I love the bead rolled interior panels by the way, they look awsome.

20. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

21. J-Gilmoore

J-Gilmoore

Just love them old citroen, mine is a -53 traction or well it used to bee
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Here's my Deux Chevaux;

[​IMG]

23. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Beautiful work!

24. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Great workmanship! You are a very skilled craftsman. I owned a 2CV in the mid '80's.....a fun car! Wish I had not sold it. Drove it back to Illinois from Baltimore and got basically two reactions.........people either stared, mouth agape or they smiled and waved! The 2CV Truckette is cool too!

Ray

25. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

Are you using a pre 1967 Volkswagen fuel tank.

26. Traction Avants are among the most gorgeous European cars of any period. Simply beautiful! I've wanted one for a LONG time, but have either found them for sale when I was broke, or none when I had money to get one.

Your 2CV is coming right along!

27. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

I ran across a group of 5 or 6 Traction Avants summer of 2002. they were Travelign east on US Rt 20 in cnetral NY. They were on a cross country trip having started in LA, and heading to NY. One of them was having some over heating problems, so they had pulled of I 90 and were taking the back roads. Each car was equipped with a HD roof carrier and two or three were pulling trailers. They were packed with spares and tools and camping gear. I stopped and chatted with them for a while, and discovered that the same group had driven across Australia a couple years before their US X country jaunt. They were going to NY to be loaded on a ship. The were sailing to Marsialles, where some would then drive to Moscow and then back to Paris. Their next planed trip was going to be Artic circle to Cape Town. Wonder if they made it???

Nice looking cars and apparently very stoutly made. Though kind of underpowered for interstate runs fully loaded and pulling trailers. The oldest was a 40, newest a 57. Must be nice ot have time and money for trips like that.

28. Awesome metal work man !!!
    I went past this build thread more than a few times,
    now that I looked, it will be a daily look.

29. Pic of my Japanese friend and his kids. Love this photo, so much nonverbal expression in it.. I am sure these kids will carry on the disease..

Attached Files:

• Akio.jpg
      Akio.jpg
      File size:
      82.3 KB
      Views:
  30. J-Gilmoore

J-Gilmoore

Jepp. they are still pretty easy to find here in sweden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.