Register now to get rid of these ads!

Poor & Bad Vendor Listing!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by tejas34, Mar 17, 2013.

1. tejas34

tejas34

Maybe we could have a listing on H.A.M.B for questionable Vendors!

Could be placed as a tread on The H.A.M.B MARKETPLACE as "QUESTIONABLE VENDOR Listing"

This could save our members time and money!

tejas34:eek:

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    POOR/BAD VENDOR LISING NEEDED!

It had been brought to my attention by my several of my friends and other car enthusiasts that we, as a group, buying parts for our hobby as car builders, streetrodders, custom car owners, .etc, need to police, identify and weed out poor or bad vendors when we encounter them.

Over the past several months, I have seen many posts on various on-line bulletin boards where an individual had ordered parts only to find out that they had been ripped off. This is a good thing, when the buyer wasn’t you, but it didn’t help the poor guy or girl from buying from the vendor in the first place.
    For the most part, the vendor in question appears to be legit, complete with a website, and an 800-number you could order from and advertisements in car publications.

The latest, it a company which is advertising in ROD & Custom Magazine. The website “ www.rodparts.us” is not active, and the phone number is hit and miss. Many complaints have been posted on the “H.A.M.B” bulletin board.

For the most part, most of the car publications try and police their vendor list. If there are many complaints, the publication will no longer carry the vendor advertisement.

Sometimes, this doesn’t solve the problem, because the vendor will simply change names, get re-established and continue to rip-off the public. These are the ones we really need to police.

So, what can we do as individuals?

Well, here are a couple of my suggestions!

1. FIRST, TRY AND RESOLVE THE PROBLEM BETWEEN YOU AND THE VENDOR!
    If, after several attempts, and no resolution has been reached, go to the next step (See # 2 below)
    2. If you have been ripped off….”DON’T FEEL EMBARRASSED” , and not let anyone know. I am sure you are not the first person the vendor has fleeced. Be sure and “POST” the situation to every bulletin board you can find.
    3. Report the vendor to the BBB in their state or community.
    4. If it involves a large sum of money, GET A LAWYER INVOLVED!
    5. Report the incident to every publication you find where the vendor is advertising their products.
    6. Try and get each of the bulletin boards you use to start a “POOR/BAD” Vendors listing.

Remember….MONEY TALKS! And if we can keep a few bucks out of the pockets of these “Dirt Bags” that call themselves Vendors, the better off our hobby will be.